PDA

View Full Version : Spacing issue with parser

takhtar
October 27th, 2010, 05:50
Hi all,

Anyone else experience extra space between story links when creating modules using the parser? When adding story links manually its nice and compact. Is there a way to do this using the parser? I am assuming my syntax is screwey. I am including a screenshot for the config below.

Code:
ZNAME
(Index)
ZCATEGORY
Thunderspire Labyrinth
ZLINK story;INTRODUCTION;Introduction
ZLINK story;Adventure Hooks;Adventure Hooks
ZLINK story;The Runes of Thunderspire;The Runes of Thunderspire
ZLINK story;Exporing the Labyrinth;Exporing the Labyrinth
ZLINK story;Encounter A1-1: Into the Mountain;Encounter A1-1
ZLINK story;The Seven-Pillared Hall;The Seven-Pillared Hall
ZLINK story;People of The Hall;People of The Hall

Tan

takhtar
October 28th, 2010, 02:01
As an update:

I was rooting around in the actual xml, and comparing spacing of the links from a manually created mod to one created by the parser and it looks like en the parser all story links are enclosed in <linklist> as in the following:

Parser db.xml
<linklist><link class="encounter" recordname="encounter.b00002introduction@H2 - Thunderspire Labyrinth">Introduction</link></linklist>
<linklist><link class="encounter" recordname="encounter.btherunesofthunderspire@H2 - Thunderspire Labyrinth">The Runes of Thunderspire</link></linklist>
<linklist><link class="encounter" recordname="encounter.b00005exporingthelabyrinth@H2 - Thunderspire Labyrinth">Exporing the Labyrinth</link></linklist>

Manual
<linklist><link class="encounter" recordname="encounter.b00002introduction@H2 - Thunderspire Labyrinth">Introduction</link> <link class="encounter" recordname="encounter.b00003adventurehooks@H2 - Thunderspire Labyrinth">Adventure Hooks</link> <link class="encounter" recordname="encounter.btherunesofthunderspire@H2 - Thunderspire Labyrinth">The Runes of Thunderspire</link> <link class="encounter" recordname="encounter.b00005exporingthelabyrinth@H2 - Thunderspire Labyrinth">Exporing the Labyrinth</link> <link class="encounter" recordname="encounter.b00006encountera1-1_intothemountain@H2 - Thunderspire Labyrinth">Encounter A1-1</link> <link class="encounter" recordname="encounter.b00007theseven-pillaredhall@H2 - Thunderspire Labyrinth">The Seven-Pillared Hall</link> <link class="encounter" recordname="encounter.b00008peopleofthehall@H2 - Thunderspire Labyrinth">People of The Hall</link></linklist>

As you can see I took out the individual <linklist></linklist> pairs around each story entry and just left one set for the entire group. I would love to figure out a way to do this using syntax for the parser so I don't have to manually go in to the db.xml to edit. I am attaching a new screen shot of the spacing.

Any ideas?

Tan