PDA

View Full Version : Just Purchased C & C having problems

Azona Fate
October 26th, 2010, 05:19
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif
I just got the C & C ruleset and the Monsters of Aihrde products from the store. I have a windows 7 os. When I try and use the C & C ruleset it seems to not be recognized that I have even purchased so i figure the Monsters of Aihrde may not be recognized either. Can anyone please help? Thanks in advance.

Azona Fate
October 26th, 2010, 05:20
Im no computer wiz, as many may can tell so any help would be nice.

ddavison
October 26th, 2010, 06:37
Hello Azona,

Once you have installed the C&C ruleset (and assuming you have a Full or Ultimate license), you should see a new option for Castles & Crusades when you click Create a Campaign. Once inside your campaign, you will need to open the module activation window and open the Monsters of Airhde module.

-Doug

Azona Fate
October 26th, 2010, 15:37
Thanks but unfortunately its not working the way you have stated.

I downloaded the ruleset and when I clicked on them to install, it didn't seem to do anything; and in the installment text it said something about not having executable files. I placed the program in the ruleset folder of Fantasy Grounds II. When I load the fantasy Grounds II program, I do not get a new option for C & C, it looks the same as before my purchase.

When I try a new campaign and click C & C the only option it says (which is the same as before getting C & C) is "Purchase" and when I click that it opens the Store page of Fantasy Grounds.

Sorcerer
October 26th, 2010, 16:46
The castles and crusades ruleset does not have an automatic installation program. - which I think you already know

when you download the zip file and unzip it you have a folder called DGA045-CnC (this is the old digital adventures code for the ruleset)

inside this folder you should have 2 folders:

Castle Tokens
Castles_and_Crusades

there are also 3 module files
a FAQ pdf
the installation.txt
and the PressRelease.txt.

The Castles_and_Crusades folder contains the entire ruleset

this folder and all its contents and with the folder name left unchanged should be copied into the FGII data folder

which on windows 7 is C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets

and I such emphasize it is only the Castles_and_Crusades folder you should copy NOT the whole DGA045-CnC folder

if you have done this correctly you should have

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets\Castles_and_Crusades

and when you next open up FGII and click create New campaign you should see Castles_and_Crusades

as an option. You need to then select it. Give the campaign a name and enter a username.

the start button will not activate until you have both a username and a campaign name entered.

i believe the newer modules such as Monsters and treasure of Aihrde are exe files which will auto install on a double click

but older modules such as Monsters of Aihrde and the 3 modules you get included with the ruleset must be placed manually in the modules folder

which on windows 7 is C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\modules

when you finally get CnC to load you will see these modules in module activation window (the little book icon 3rd from the top of the screen) you need to double click on the module picture or click and drag the book icon to the left to active the modules.

in the case of Monsters of Aihrde, the players handbook and the monsters and treasure modules - these are reference modules and after activation they can be seen/viewed by clicking on the library icon (the scroll icon 2nd from the bottom of the screen)

the last module Rising_Knight is an introductory adventure module and when it is activated its various game elements can be viewed directly in the story, images and Personalities windows

the tokens folder should be put in the following directory

C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\tokens\

you can put it in the host subfolder - then the tokens are only available to you or you can put then in the shared subfolder in which case your players will have access to them as well.

I third option is to put the castle tokens - monsters subfolder into the host folder and put the NPCS subfolder into the shared so you players can use the character related tokens but will not see the monsters.

I hope that this helps, but if not please keep asking questions until you get the answers you need..

Sorcerer

Azona Fate
October 27th, 2010, 04:07
Sorcerer that was it, i was able to get loaded into C & C, thank you very much.

Forgotten Heathen
November 3rd, 2010, 19:11
Funnily, I have the same problem, but mine still says "Purchase" when I try to start a compaign. Got it all installed correctly. Is there some sort of server lag related to buying a license? I have indeed paid for Castles and Crusades.

Sorcerer
November 3rd, 2010, 19:28
Are you able to create a new campaign? or does it block all actions?
Is the castles and crusades ruleset greyed out or is it black?

Doug will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that FG actually contacts the server to check the license.

If I remove my Castles_and_Crusades folder from the ruleset folder. I immediately get the purchase message again on starting FG. If I replace the folder back into the rulesets folder it immediately goes away again.

I conclude from that it simply checks that the correctly named folder, or some file within it is present.

I can only say. Just double check that it is indeed correctly set up as above.

Forgotten Heathen
November 3rd, 2010, 19:53
Yep, it's greyed out and says Purchase,and......aha! When you extract it, it adds another folder layer called DGA045-CnC-Ruleset above it, so that's what's in the Ruleset folder, and it can't read two levels below it. Fixed ,thanks!

Sorcerer
November 3rd, 2010, 20:05
Yeah this issue has thrown a few people.

It does tell you the path in the readme but I'm also guilty of not reading those too carefully.

I think all the new rulesets have auto installers - so they don't have this problem.

ddavison
November 4th, 2010, 04:23
Yeah this issue has thrown a few people.

It does tell you the path in the readme but I'm also guilty of not reading those too carefully.

I think all the new rulesets have auto installers - so they don't have this problem.

True, we try to include installers for everything now. Thanks for helping sort this out so quickly Sorcerer.