PDA

View Full Version : Unregistered versions can now use version 2.7.2

ddavison
October 25th, 2010, 06:07
We still have some issues with the updater and the unregistered licenses, but for now you can have your users re-download the latest version of FG from the downloads page, uninstall the old version and reinstall the new version.

GunnarGreybeard
October 25th, 2010, 06:43
Woohoo, good deal. Thank you much. ;)

Nasum
December 9th, 2010, 22:11
im intersted for campaign so pls add me and private me id like to play :) tnx

phantomwhale
December 30th, 2010, 00:46
We still have some issues with the updater and the unregistered licenses, but for now you can have your users re-download the latest version of FG from the downloads page, uninstall the old version and reinstall the new version.

Is this still an issue ? E.g. I had a player unable to upgrade to 2.7.3 today, who also had a graphics issue with the chat log, so we were quite keen to get him to upgrade to see if it fixed it.

Other players WERE able to upgrade, but just this one could not (it just said "done" really quickly).

EugeneZ
December 30th, 2010, 01:59
Yes, unfortunately it is. My understanding is that it's on Doug/JPG's to-do list.

Griogre
January 1st, 2011, 20:39
It's not just the unregestered versions either. It appears the lites didn't update either last week. I'm hoping the mid-week update took care of it.

ddavison
January 30th, 2011, 04:52
Note, that the new installer on the download page should now bring everyone to 2.7.4.

devfrag
January 30th, 2011, 16:42
Note, that the new installer on the download page should now bring everyone to 2.7.4.

Thanks for the info. I'm about to send my players an email telling them to update. I took a quick look at the download page and noticed that the download link still points to 2.7.2. I also cleared my cache, cookies, history, etc... to make sure it wasn't an old page. Here's a screenie...

https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5297/5401462078_e306779cf0_b.jpg

Thanks