PDA

View Full Version : A couple problems, any advice?

Hex08
October 24th, 2010, 21:58
I posted this in the Tavern, but realized this is probably a more appropriate place for my questions/problems.

I am fairly new to FG and have run across some issues I can't figure out.

The first is I have one player who does not see some images he should, like maps or the portraits of other players (he sees their icons in the top left, just not the pictures that go inside them). With the map, he can see token that are loaded onto it but just can't see the map (or any other image I share with the players). Any idea why that stuff is not loading for him?

The second problem is that all of my players, except the one mentioned above, don't see any modules when they open their library. I have opened my Module Activation window and and opened the "book" icon for all of the available modules. I have denied access to the d20 Monsters module, force loaded the d20 Spells and d20 Basic Rules modules and allowed access to some token modules and the d20 Magic Items module. I am unable to figure out why most of my players see nothing when they open their library, any ideas?

Moon Wizard
October 25th, 2010, 00:04
On the first item,

You can try having him log in with a different user name to start with.

There are only a couple reasons I can think of why he would not get pictures. All of them involve situations where the transfer does not complete or completes slowly. (i.e. slow connection, QoS, or other network issue)

On the second item,

There are several types of modules. Look here for more information on module types. Click on the sub-item on the left for Module Types.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/gm_library.xcp

You can unzip the module files to see what kind of data they contain:
db.xml = host data (only available on the host, or when explicitly shared via radial menu)
client.xml = client data (must be installed on each machine, access controlled by host)
common.xml = common data (downloaded to each machine from host, access controlled by host)

We typically recommend that you use client or host module types to minimize transfer times.

Regards,
JPG