PDA

View Full Version : SW Weird Wars 2 Monthly Game

mr_h
October 21st, 2010, 19:50
Once again I'm going to try and start up a campaign I've been wanting to do for a while :)

I am looking for players who would be interested in a Weird Wars 2 campaign. For those of you unfamiliar with the setting; Weird Wars 2 is World War 2 + occult magic, werewolves, untold terrors, and the undead (Braaaaaains for Hitler!). Players will start out 'normal' and be introduced to the weird stuff as we go along.

*Game System: Savage Worlds
*When: Monthly: I am shooting for a once a month schedule due to real life interfering too much for more right now. However, I intend to keep the story going on forums in between sessions.
(I am aiming for a Tuesdays night, 8-11pm EST. Date's a bit flexible, but Tuesdays tend to work best for me right now).
*Who: Mature players who are as willing to role-play as they are to blow stuff up.
(Newbies: I've been a player for a while in some SW games, this is my first attempt at GMing. I'm willing to teach you how to play, if you're willing to be patient.)
*Requirements: I only have a Full License of FG2, so you'll need a Lite License (unless someone buys me an Ultimate License :D). You don't have to own the Savage Worlds Explorer edition rules, but it'd be very helpful if you did (the PDF is only $10 (https://www.studio2publishing.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=25_74_124&products_id=2394).

Website: I've created an Obsidian Portal site here (https://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/bakers-bastards).

If you are interested, but don't know if you'll be able to play every month, don't worry. I intend to structure my games in such a way that each session will allow players to swap in and out without problems. (For an idea of how this is done, read Sakusammakko's post here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=97870&postcount=18). I'm trying to model the approach on how he does it.)

Anyone interested, post in this thread or PM me.

Dershem
October 21st, 2010, 20:30
What Time/day were you planning?

mr_h
October 21st, 2010, 20:33
I knew there was something I forgot in the original post.

I'm leaning towards a Tuesday night, 8-11pm EST.

Date's a bit flexible, but Tuesdays tend to work best for me at this time.

morienglyndwr
October 22nd, 2010, 05:14
This game sounds like a kick in the pants, but I cannot do Tuesdays :cry: To be more specific, I am busy Tuesdays from 9pm-2:30am edt. If it was before that, or on another night, I could attend.

If you choose a time that I can play, then count me in! Otherwise, best of luck to those who seek out Hitler's brains! :D

Morienglyndwr

Dershem
October 22nd, 2010, 12:00
bah already doing a Tuesday game.. otherwise that sounds awesome

mr_h
October 22nd, 2010, 12:03
Well, as I said, the date is still flexible. Weekends and every other Wednesday I'm tied up with other activities.

TR0LL
October 27th, 2010, 02:25
I would be interested I think, haven't played any SW, but I do have the book.

mr_h
October 29th, 2010, 03:05
I would be interested I think, haven't played any SW, but I do have the book.

Check your PM's Troll :)

mr_h
November 4th, 2010, 12:58
Bump, Due to one or two players disappearing on me, I'm still looking to fill out the ranks here a bit. :)

Paul Fischer
November 9th, 2010, 03:32
Totally Intrested,

Thanks for the invite... sounds like a blast.

PTF

mr_h
November 9th, 2010, 13:54
PM Sent Paul.

BTW, it's looking like this will be going to Wednesdays as opposed to Tuesdays. I know that might not work out for some people, but the majority I've talked to say it works better for them.

deguello
November 10th, 2010, 23:30
I'd like to take part in this

Orpheus
November 11th, 2010, 04:22
Yo.

I haven't gamed in a while (busy with school, work, family shizzle, and whatnot...), but I'd love to give this puppy a go.

I think that we played together in a Beyond the Mountains of Madness campaign.

It was the post-penguin encounter that did us in.:D

Donegal
November 12th, 2010, 16:24
I am very interested in this if you still have room!

Paul Fischer
December 6th, 2010, 22:32
Wednesdays work with me, and as my friend just helped me format my Laptop i will be bringing it in on a more consistant basis... Let the games begin, sooner rather than later...

Thanks,

Paul T Fischer