PDA

View Full Version : Strange redraw issue with 4E ruleset

joeysmith
October 21st, 2010, 07:49
You can see the problem displayed in the youtube video below - basically, the character sheet flickers a lot, adding strange question mark entries on the powers tab.

AuBsDzg8ooY

joeysmith
October 21st, 2010, 07:50
I should have mentioned - the problem shows up for both the GM and the player's clients.

gmkieran
October 21st, 2010, 15:47
One of our players experienced a similar issues in our first game session after updating to 2.7.2, but it was only visible on his side, not for the GM and his was the only sheet affected. I note one thing our character had in common with the sample sheet below - both are divine classes drawing on the cleric powers data; might be something to look at.

Griogre
October 21st, 2010, 20:48
It looks like that computer is in an endless loop. You can verify this by looking at CPU usage. Once a player gets in one then often the only way to get out of it is for him to exit FG. If the server gets into one then you will need to shut down the server to stop it.

It would be very helpful if you can reproduce this reliably as no one has been able to do a step by step to reproduce it. Generally you do not want the DM and Player changing the character sheet at the same time though.

Edit: Fixed confusing typo.

Moon Wizard
October 21st, 2010, 22:27
Yes, you should avoid changing the character sheet at the same time, which is the only time I've seen this happen. The flickering lists is the giveaway, plus the high CPU utilization.

It would be great if you had a consistently reproducible scenario for this issue, since I've been trying to nail this issue since before I joined the FG team.

Cheers,
JPG