PDA

View Full Version : Map size problems

joeysmith
October 19th, 2010, 20:02
There are a couple of issues with maps on the "Player's" side - I have one map which, if the user tries to expand their window to see the entire map, it will rescale the map to a larger size, and there's no way to scale it back down. The scroll wheel will not "zoom out", but if they completely delete the cache'd copy of the campaign that was downloaded from the server, when they log back in it comes back to the original size. Is there something I'm missing that would prevent the players from having to re-download the entire campaign just to view the map at the correct scale?

gmkieran
October 19th, 2010, 21:00
If I'm understanding your problem correctly, players should be able to re-size the map frame within their window by holding CTRL and grabbing the bottom right corner of the map and moving it around. That should re-scale the entire map and allow them to zoom in (and back out) as necessary. Hope that helps!

joeysmith
October 21st, 2010, 06:02
That's exactly the problem, though - it doesn't resize when you use Control and drag the bottom right corner of the map. The window itself gets resized, but the map stays at the broken larger scale. I have also tried Alt-Drag and Shift-Drag, neither of which appear to do anything (the window just moves around is there were no modifier key being pressed).

You can watch the problem in action at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PJvuRRwma0

Leonal
October 21st, 2010, 06:23
I just tried this, and the easiest solution is just to update (right click+update Shared Sheet) the map from the GMs side. I guess it's better to expand the window slowly and if it starts scaling then stop expanding in that direction to prevent the problem.

joeysmith
October 21st, 2010, 07:24
Indeed, forcing an update from the GM side fixes this problem. Thanks, Leonal.