PDA

View Full Version : Desktops

KhybersGhost
October 19th, 2010, 03:54
So, I am looking at changing the desktop for FG2 and I am currently using the v8 Pathfinder extension. I like the Dungeon Theme (that I believe comes stock with FG2) and have figured out how to make it available for the rule set I am using, but it causes conflicts likely due to other changes bundled with the cosmetic ones. Does anyone know how to only change the Desktop image and maybe the box displays?

Valarian
October 19th, 2010, 07:01
Extensions may have graphics within them. Copy and rename the .ext file to .zip. Copy the dungeon theme desktop.png and put it in the frames folder for the pathfinder ext. Rezip the ext folder, making sure the extension.XML file is in the base folder of the zip file (no sub-folder). Rename as .ext and replace the file in the extensions folder for FG2 (move the original somewhere else first).

KhybersGhost
October 19th, 2010, 19:01
Thanks for the reply. I tried this method and it didn't work unfortunately. The pathfinder .ext does not have a frames folder and I believe it only uses the default ruleset desktop. I'll experiment today with modifying the dungeon theme I think until I can get it to work right.

Valarian
October 19th, 2010, 19:32
If the extension uses the default graphics, then it'll be the desktop.png file in the ruleset frames folder that needs to change.