PDA

View Full Version : Release v2.7.2

Moon Wizard
October 18th, 2010, 22:19
The Fantasy Grounds software v2.7.2 is now available via the FG updater for download.

In addition to all the changes from v2.7, there are many more improvements and bug fixes. Specifically, several issues with non-D&D rulesets have been addressed.

The Call of Cthulhu ruleset has an issue with v2.7 that was not able to be addressed through backward compatibility coding, so I will attach a small extension to this thread and also in the House of Healing that will patch the ruleset code.

If for any reason you are unable to use v2.7, please immediately let me know via private message or the House of Healing forum.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
October 18th, 2010, 22:25
Here's the Call of Cthulthu extension patch for v2.7. Just place it in the extensions directory under the FG2 Application Data Folder. Then, enable the extension when before you host your campaign.

JPG

Kingfish
October 19th, 2010, 00:09
Just found it! Can't wait to give it a whirl! GJ!!!

devinnight
October 19th, 2010, 00:25
Thanks MW your work is appreciated.

gmkieran
October 19th, 2010, 14:29
Many, MANY thanks, MW!!! Looking forward to using the new version tonight!

zapoqx
October 19th, 2010, 23:38
Great job! Thx!

GunnarGreybeard
October 20th, 2010, 01:44
I checked but couldn't find a good changelog to post on my website of the recent update. Anyone know if there is one laying about that maybe I'm just missing it? I see the patchnotes.html file but it only includes information up to 2.5.1.

Moon Wizard
October 20th, 2010, 02:04
There is a patchnotes.xml file in the application directory, which contains all the 2.6+ release notes.

Cheers,
JPG

GunnarGreybeard
October 20th, 2010, 02:12
There is a patchnotes.xml file in the application directory, which contains all the 2.6+ release notes.
Ah, I saw that file but didn't open it. :dead:

johniba
October 20th, 2010, 22:24
Altough I am happy to have this extention for CoC, are there plans to release an update on the ruleset itself?

cyghost
October 22nd, 2010, 23:20
Number keys work!! That is so awesome. :)

And like I said before, definitely much stabler. Thanks a bunch, moon_wizard (and anyone else that may have contributed)

EugeneZ
October 25th, 2010, 16:22
Thanks for the release. Small bug: The "blinded" condition now applies a -5 total concealment penalty (which correctly doesn't stack with TCONC) but it applies on all attack rolls. Close and area attacks should be unaffected.

ddavison
October 26th, 2010, 02:20
Altough I am happy to have this extention for CoC, are there plans to release an update on the ruleset itself?

Yes. We still have some work to do so we can better support the rulesets which are not included for free via the patcher. It is one of our current priority items.

phantomwhale
October 29th, 2010, 19:11
Wonderful - have been waiting for this one for a while !

Thanks guys

johniba
November 2nd, 2010, 18:32
Yes. We still have some work to do so we can better support the rulesets which are not included for free via the patcher. It is one of our current priority items.

Sounds fantastic...

As always congratulations on the hard work and quality in your products and service... thanks

Callum
November 8th, 2010, 12:10
So, have all the issues with the 2.7.2 release been fixed? I'm thinking particularly of the unintended changes to the log file. I don't recall seeing an update saying it's been patched. In other words, if I download the update now, will this issue exist?

Ikael
November 8th, 2010, 19:34
I am really glad to see that 2.7.2 made it out at last (okay some time ago, but still). It has lots of nice new features, especially how windowing is can be handeled and the numberpad-- whoo! Really good work :D

However, to make some quick future wishlisting I would defenitely love to see built-in way to allow sending message from client to only GM (not broadcasting). I know you can call function deliverMessage(msg, "") to do the trick, but it just loses data when it's called. Only the sender and text properties are transferred properly, but icon, diemodifier, dielist and now even the mood get's flushed away and won't appear in receiver's chat. Am I the only one who uses that function to deliver messages from client to GM? Anyways, just wanted to shoot something out without starting new thread [hijack ends]

Sigurd
November 8th, 2010, 22:07
@Ikael - I always use the /w or /whisper code at the beginning of the message I want the DM to get alone. This works in JPG_D20 I don't know about the other rulesets.

/w This message will only be seen by the DM

/whisper [Player name] will only be seen by the player and the DM.

For me anyway, the bells and whistles (mood etc..) aren't so important for player whispers because they are usually very direct and OOC. Of course ymmv.

Sigurd

miniwheat
November 9th, 2010, 14:47
Thats pretty much what we do too.

Any player issued whisper that begins with /w goes only to the GM. If the command is followed by a character name it will go only to the specified player (the GM may be able to see all whispers if the "show" tab is enabled under the GM options by the GM.

The GM can whisper players the same way.

Speedy tips: if sending messages to specific players you can type the /w command and the first couple of letters of the character name and hit the tab key. FG2 autofills the rest of the name.

The GM can send whipers and images to specific players by drag and drop as well. Images and text (boxed text and NPC quotes from adventure mods too) can be dropped onto player portraits and be sent to only that player. Text can be dragged from the chat bar to a portrait also. Im not 100% but I think players can send whispers this way as well.

Ikael
November 9th, 2010, 17:00
I believe player-to-player whispering feature uses the deliverMessage(msg, "") function and it will lose the data described above. And this is the base problem of it. There is no problem being GM here, because he can send messages to any connected play and the message will get processed like it should be, but player-to-player communication bugs here. Especially in split-the-group-chat like features (which can be found in Base, BRP and Unicore rulesets). I really think that it would be essential feature, just because I don't see the point why it should not exist. Why can't players send complete messages to GM as GM and send them to players? Again, just thoughts. The lack of this feature is not the end of the world at all, but just I feel that messasing system in FG is not complete without it.

Moon Wizard
November 9th, 2010, 18:18
Callum,

I have not had a chance to release any further patches for FG v2.7.x. Currently, the log format is still different than v2.6.5. This item is at the top of our list of changes.

Thanks,
JPG

Callum
November 15th, 2010, 15:31
Excellent - thanks for the update!

Leonal
November 28th, 2010, 09:31
I didn't notice this earlier, but a big thanks for enabling the minimize button!!!