PDA

View Full Version : Character Data?

Desmodaeus
October 16th, 2010, 19:42
Can anyone tell me where the data is saved when a character is created within FG? I want to take a character out of one campaign and drop it into another so that the player can use it in both. How would I go about doing this?

Sorcerer
October 16th, 2010, 19:52
characters are saved into the campaign database file (db.xml) in the campaign folder

Desmodaeus
October 16th, 2010, 20:14
Hmm, so is it possible to do that then? Wouldn't that bring lots of other data over along with the character info as well? I'm under the impression that other settings and things are saved inside that file other than the character data, but I may be wrong.

Desmodaeus
October 16th, 2010, 20:23
I suppose there is a way to get only the character info out of the .xml file and add it to the db.xml which resides in the campaign folder I want to import the character into?

Sorcerer
October 16th, 2010, 20:29
the characters are saved in the db under the <charsheet> node.

if you copy everything between <charsheet> and </charsheet> and paste it into the new campaigns db file (in the same place) you should transfer only the characters. If you don't want all the characters from your campaign. they are separated by <id-xxxx> tags so you can easily copy the specific ones you want

Desmodaeus
October 16th, 2010, 20:46
Cool, thanks a lot.