PDA

View Full Version : Module Workshop

takhtar
October 16th, 2010, 02:42
Hello all,

I am slowly making progress on learning this tool, but I am running into a snag. I just wanted to enter a few things and see how the program outputs its files. I am including a pic of the error I am getting if anyone can help out with this I would greatly appreciate it. The input text is as follows:

ZNAME
Index
ZCATEGORY
Thunderspire Labyrinth
ZTEXT
ZLINK story;(Index)

ZNAME
Encounter A1-1: Into the Mountain
ZCATEGORY
Thunderspire Labyrinth
ZTEXT
<p><b>Encounter Level 3 (750 XP)</b></p>
<h>Setup</h>
<list>
<li>4 hobgoblin soldiers (H)</li>
<li>1 hobgoblin warcaster (W)</li>
</list>
ZLINK encounter;Encounter A1-1: Into the Mountain
ZLINK image;Encounter A1-1-Into The Mountain.jpg;DM Map
ZLINK image;A1-1.png;Player Map

I know there isn't much info here but I can copy the above slap it into a story.txt file and I get an output. I am trying to get the workshop to crunch the above content especially as it relates to creating the encounters.txt file.

Thanks in advance!
Tan

Zeus
October 17th, 2010, 13:26
I have not seen that error before? Could you explain the steps to recreate the error, I can then backtrace to find the problem.

As for creating encounters.txt files using the Module Workshop, you must have first entered all the Encounter story entries for your module using the tool. Once completed and saved (very important) you then simply create the encounters.txt file by using the New Encounters (Cntrl-2) command. The file will be output to the current working directory for the Story.txt file you have open.

takhtar
October 18th, 2010, 01:38
I literally copied the info from my previous post into the tool and hit the generate parser config button, it popped a window called "4E Parser Configuration & Launchpad," I put test for name and category and erased the thumbnail.png and hit ok. Voila error message.

Griogre
October 18th, 2010, 05:49
Do you have Vista or Win7, takhar? It looks like it's trying to create a directory in a protected area. Do you have the Module Workshop installed in program files? If so, try installing or running it in your Document folder instead of program files.

takhtar
October 18th, 2010, 18:42
Yes I am running on Windows 7, will try to install it in my docs. I am an admin though so it shouldn't give me problems creating directories in the workshop install directory. will let you know, how I fare.

Thanks
Tan

Zeus
October 18th, 2010, 23:30
takhtar - I haven't been able to reproduce the error your getting however the problem looks to be down to the permissions of the folder you have saved your text files to.

When you run the Generate Parser Config command, complete the form and click OK, the tool attempts to create a subfolder called 'output' in the current working file's save path that can then be used as the 4EParser temporary directory for the parse process. The Module Workshop tool then writes a 4EParser config file and calls the 4EParser (using the path you specified in Options) and begins the Parse process.

So to clarify if for example your working on a story.txt file and you save the file in C:\Users\<your account name>\My Documents\<your module\story.txt then the tool attempts to create the output folder as C:\Users\<your account name>\My Documents\<your module>\output

Windows 7 and Vista constrain applications with restricted access when using certain system folders so its generally better practice to keep your personal files saved under non system folder paths.