PDA

View Full Version : Post 1st Session Questions

koalabob
October 15th, 2010, 05:04
I just finished my first introductory adventure designed to get the players and myself familiar with what Fantasy Grounds has to offer. It went really well and I'm especially fond of the ability to speak as an NPC. My impersonations in face to face games are always awful and now I don't have anyone poking fun of the atrocious accent I'm using :)

I jotted down some of the questions that came up during gameplay and was hoping someone could provide a few answers so I can smooth things along for the next session.

And FYI, I'm using the d20_JPG with the Pathfinder v.8 extension.

Spell DC On the character sheet under the spell tab there is a listing for spell DC but nothing I or any of my players did could affect it. I'm not sure if there's an entry on another tab we need to fill in first, but we couldn't seem to get it to work.

Total Encumberance The inventory page has a spot for weight and a check box that states it will add it to Total Encumberance but nothing seems to happen and you can't manually change the Total Encumberance either. One of my players with a full license had pre-made his character using the Pathfinder ver7 extension and his total encumberance totaled up fine. Is this just something that is still being worked on for version 8?

Deny Move Is there a way to deny a move like if a player tries to move farther than their movement allows? I've had to accept the move and then just move them back to where they started. Not a big issue but would be nice if there was just a way to not accept the move

Flurry of Blows/Rapid Shot/Dual Wield Is there a way to set these up? Everytime I add a second attack on the character sheet it automatically treats it like an attack gained through BAB increase and then applies the standard -5 to it. I had my players create a modifier hotkey for it which worked pretty well but I was hoping there was a way to enter it directly

More on that last issue. I noticed that when I'm creating an NPC I can just type in their attacks manually and then from the Combat tracker I can just double click and it rolls all their attacks. So if I have a monk NPC I can enter his flurry as Unarmed Strike +2/+2 melee (1d6) and then a double click gets me both attacks rolled and I can then use the very nice drag and drop feature to quickly determine if the attacks hit or miss. Is there a way for a player to manually enter their attacks? and still have the game recognize it as an attack role (so they can use the drag and drop feature)?

That's it for now, thanks in advance for all answers and apologies for the verbose post I never did learn how to write succinctly

Doswelk
October 15th, 2010, 09:08
Deny Move Is there a way to deny a move like if a player tries to move farther than their movement allows? I've had to accept the move and then just move them back to where they started. Not a big issue but would be nice if there was just a way to not accept the move

That's it for now, thanks in advance for all answers and apologies for the verbose post I never did learn how to write succinctly
Hello!

Hope you enjoyed your first game with FGII.

I play Savage Worlds so I can only answer one of your questions, just move the icon, pick it up and put it back down this should cancel the request movement.

I think a shorter post would have appeared more negative so keep them as descriptive as you want! :D

Leonal
October 16th, 2010, 02:11
Hi!

You can hold down ctrl and scroll the mouse wheel to manually adjust the modifiers. It should show a small white bubble with + or - and the respective number.

For Rapid Shot you can set this as 2 attacks and adjust as necessary. +5/+0 for example will show as +3(-2)/+3(+3) after adjusting.

edit: I just tried with a test character with PF ver 8 extension (I don't normally use it) and had no problems just typing in the DC next to the spell levels after clicking the 0 already there.

Encumbrance seems to not work with the latest inventory additions in ver 8.

madman
October 16th, 2010, 04:11
This is a work in progress, the inventory tabs not adding the encumbrance totals is a known issue. I am not a very good at scripting, so it has taken me tons of time to get this far. I am working on it, I would love to post it up so someone could help. The FG community is great! However, i was thinking I could get it done by myself. Since they have helped with tons of other stuff.

There are a couple of things I would love to see done. At this point I spend tons of time making mods for the monsters and spells for pathfinder(Takes some time)so it does get some effort on my part. I'm just not a code developer, i have to take other examples or use already created code, to get good results at this point. Lib Modules are much easier, making tokens and getting the data in, so I can use them in my games comes easier.

Here's to hopping i have some free time!And see a light go off!

Chris

koalabob
October 16th, 2010, 19:37
Thank you for the quick answers! When I was looking into different VTT programs one of the things that sold me on FG was that everyone talked about the great community, it's good to experience that first hand!

Doswelk - That is such a simple fix and one I feel silly for not realizing myself. Thanks!

Leonal - I really like the ctrl-mouse wheel trick! Makes adjusting wounds on the combat tracker a bit easier. And I'm not sure what was going on with the spell DC because you're right I can adjust it freely now. *shrug* user error on my part. I had my rapid shot player just create a -2 modifer hotkey it and name it as Rapid Shot and he can just apply that and roll his attacks normally and add in one extra attack, so that works out quite nicely.

Madman - The Pathfinder extension in general is really amazing and I was quite happy to stumble across it. Not knowing any code/scripting myself I can only imagine how much work was put into it. The encumberance totals not adding up isn't a problem at all, I just wanted to see if I was doing something wrong. And if it comes down to fixing that bug or working on the Pathfinder monsters/spells I'd definitely go with the latter :)

Thanks again!