PDA

View Full Version : Help with 4E Personality extention

AndyPan
October 12th, 2010, 20:39
I don't know if this is where I should be asking this, but I am having some troubles entering NPCs into the personalities tab using the 4E Personality extension. First off, love the look of it, as is very close to what's in the books and published materials, so it's a very easy transition from print to digital format. Also love that it's so much easier entering things like traps and hazards; using the original format, the overall look was sketchy at best.

I am in the process of entering the Marauder's of the Dune Sea module into FGII to eventually run with my group. Usually, I would use an old parser to add NPCs, but with the newer format used in the current modules and books, that parser no longer really works. So I have been entering the NPCs in the module manually, and for the most part, it's been pretty easy. I am running into some issues with getting things to display correctly, however, and as I can't seem to find any how-to documentations on entering NPCs, I thought I would ask here.

Specifically, I am adding an entry for a Scaled Guardian, on page 20 of the MotDS module. I've attached a small image of the power that's causing me fits. I have tried entering the information several times in different ways, but when I go back to the main screen of the entry, what I get is the garbled mess in the second photo. I learned pretty quickly that it is necessary to enter the type of action in order to get the power to show in the right position. This is an Opportunity Action; yet, when Opportunity Action is entered, the power doesn't show up on the main page at all. In order to get it to transfer to the main page, this power was entered as an Immediate Reaction (which it really isn't). The trigger, attack, and hit result is getting all mixed up, and I can't figure out how to fix it so that things are showing up properly.

Can someone tell me how I can get this entered correctly, or point me in the direction of some in-depth documentation on entering the NPCs into the extension? I am about halfway through the module entering the NPCs, but I have had some issues on other entries that I did find a workaround for, though they are probably less than ideal. This one, though, is just kicking my butt.

Thanks for the help.

Griogre
October 13th, 2010, 04:00
Some Triggered attack powers don't do well on the personality sheet. I think part of it is they just were not very consistent with how they wrote them. Neither do "failed save" powers.

If you are using FG 2.7, I would suggest you upgrade to the latest version of the personality extension. It has a toggle where you can use MM, MM3 or turn off formating. Usually turning off formating (parsing) makes the oddball powers much more readable.

IE this power is badly broken in either MM or MM3 formating:
https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/Griogre/TerrorMM.png

https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/Griogre/TerrorMM3.png

Off:
https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/Griogre/TerrorOff.png

It's not perfect as you can see the "off" doesn't display the reach 2, but the effect drops correctly.