PDA

View Full Version : Call of Cthulhu d20

bizarro
October 10th, 2010, 03:42
Hey all - apologies in advance if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I'm thinking of purchasing a full license for FG and was wondering if there is support for the d20 version of Call of Cthulhu? I tried searching the forums but could find no mention of it. Thanks!

Phystus
October 10th, 2010, 04:34
I don't think anyone has made a ruleset for it. How close is it to D&D or D20 Modern in terms of character sheet, combat tracker and NPC stats? You might be able to use one of those rulesets to get a game going.

You'd still have to create your own reference materials or just do without them, though. It's definitely possible to play a game without a lot of reference material available in-game, though it really helps if the players own their own copies of the books. Lots of fan-made rulesets don't have reference material because of copyright restrictions but people manage to play just fine.

~P

bizarro
October 10th, 2010, 05:03
Mechanically, it seems to be more or less the same as D&D 3.0 / d20 Modern, albeit without classes, and with the Sanity rules from Chaosium's version included. I'll give it a shot, though - I wanted to use the d20 ruleset because my players are familiar with it, but if all else fails, I'll just learn the Chaosium rules and make them do the same. Thanks, Phystus. :)