PDA

View Full Version : Hellfrost now available for Savage Worlds

ddavison
October 9th, 2010, 02:50
The Player's guide with a Hellfrost skin extension and the Hellfrost Bestiary are both available now in the store. Thanks to Kevin Doswell for working so hard on getting this completed. The Gazeteer is next in the queue.

Pusher
October 9th, 2010, 04:20
Fantastic. Was waiting for this.

Now to start up a Hellfrost game.

Storm
October 9th, 2010, 05:35
Thank you Kevin Doswell. This is much needed and anticipated.

Mask_of_winter
October 9th, 2010, 12:40
purchased the Player's guide!

Looks great and I like the index in the library. A few minor things like typos and a broken link so far but other than that I'm satisfied. Thanks Kevin.

mr_h
October 9th, 2010, 16:43
Thumbs up to Kevin for doing this work:)

(can we get a weird wars? My personal module is declaring war against myself)

ddavison
October 9th, 2010, 18:16
purchased the Player's guide!

Looks great and I like the index in the library. A few minor things like typos and a broken link so far but other than that I'm satisfied. Thanks Kevin.

What do you think about the extension?

Also, please send me a note on the broken link and the typo and we will get those patched up. I thought I had checked all the links at least.

Mask_of_winter
October 9th, 2010, 18:46
I like the layout and color theme. I wish the character sheet had been tweaked a bit to remove Power Points and to incorporate Glory. I'll send you a message with the broken link in a little bit.

CAPryde
October 14th, 2010, 20:13
Does the Bestiary come with linked stat blocks that can be dumped directly into an adventure? Or does is simply replicate the information from the hard-copy book? I'm wondering because I have the physical Hellfrost PG and Bestiary, so I'm trying to figure out whether I would want to buy electronic copies. The PG appeals because of the skin and because players would be able to access it, but I'm not sure that I need the Bestiary.

Doswelk
October 14th, 2010, 20:52
The bestiary has been entered so they are all personalities.

Thus you can drag a monster from the bestiary to the Personalities window and then edit it as you want.

In fact in some sections of the bestiary (dragons for example), rather than just copy the page into code I created each entry for each dragon age/race (see the attached picture)

CAPryde
October 17th, 2010, 21:13
Wow. I mean, wow. That is unspeakably awesome. You are my hero, Doswelk. That will make running a game a pure joy.

Mask_of_winter
October 17th, 2010, 22:05
Can't wait for that to happen :)

Doswelk
October 17th, 2010, 23:44
Wow. I mean, wow. That is unspeakably awesome. You are my hero, Doswelk. That will make running a game a pure joy.

:)

Mind you that's why it took me sooooooooooo long to do :o

Mask_of_winter
October 22nd, 2010, 00:54
For some reason I also cant get to the ammo table in the library. The siege weapons window comes up.

Doswelk
October 22nd, 2010, 15:05
For some reason I also cant get to the ammo table in the library. The siege weapons window comes up.

Yep!

A quick fix is to change line 1915 (on my copy of Notepad++) to the following:

<recordname>reference.tables.ammunition</recordname>

In case the line number differs:

<chapter_404>
<index>
<i05>
<recordname>reference.tables.siegeweapons</recordname>

is the line you need to change

Mask_of_winter
October 22nd, 2010, 18:38
thanks Kevin!

that fixed the problem for me!

Doswelk
October 23rd, 2010, 20:10
Found another "bug"

line 2218 - I had:

<link class="windowreference" ....
should be:

<link class="sw_referencetext"...

Thanks to Mask_of_winter catching this one too!

CAPryde
October 24th, 2010, 15:24
Do I need to make these corrections to my module? If I do so, will it push out the corrections to folks who have already downloaded the module for my campaign?

Doswelk
October 25th, 2010, 09:12
This is a quick fix option (manually editing your modules yes).

Of course I will send Doug an updated version soon so find all the bugs you can guys please! (not that there should have been any in the first place!)

CAPryde
October 25th, 2010, 22:08
Could you give me a little direction as to which file I should be opening and editing to alter the ruleset? I see the "modules" sub-folder in the application data folder of FG2, but the files contained therein are flagged as MPEGs, so I can't open them in notepad.

Mask_of_winter
October 25th, 2010, 22:40
You need to unzip that file first. And then it's the common.xml I think. Use notepad++ (available for free) or your might have a hard time finding the line numbers Kevin mentionned. Once you find them, its pretty easy and straightforward to edit them.

Doswelk
October 26th, 2010, 10:07
I am waiting for some official graphics from Wiggy then I'll fixed the bugs and ship to Doug.

These are not show stoppers just links Doug and I missed!