PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to a great community

Wynter
October 8th, 2010, 01:06
Greetings fellow FG2 enthusiasts,

I have been a long time lurker on these boards, running a few FG2 campaigns as a DM, and I have recently amped up my interest as I plan on running another FG2 campaign after a long hiatus. As I returned to using FG2, I found I had questions and so I came to this forum seeking answers.

As I looked, something struck me: this community of people in the forums simply rocks! I have seen numerous newbies ask questions (often similar if not the exact same questions) and this community every single time rushes to 1) welcome the person, and 2) give them honest, precise, and helpful answers. Simply by searching the forums, I have found answers to 80-90% of my questions, often finding solutions to problems I haven't even run into yet (but probably would) and finding helpful tips and tools from people who are simply giving their time and energy often (exclusively?) without compensation. If I may, I'd like to stop and thank a few people on the board who have been invaluable in helping me increase my knowledge of running a FG2 campaign:

moon_wizard
Tenian
Dr. Zeuss
Xorn
dm-crazy
Griogre
EugeneZ

This is in no way a full list and my sincere apologies if I missed anyone who is active and helpful on these boards. (In fact, I'm pretty sure I have missed people; maybe other newbies and regulars can help fill in the gaps.)

I've got to stop before this becomes too much of a love-fest, but from one guy who has benefited greatly from your efforts: a sincere Thank-You and please keep it up. I'm about to dive in with my own questions soon so I'm getting my thanks ahead of time. And again, this community as a whole has been great, not just a few. I'm looking forward to interacting with you in the future.

Griogre
October 8th, 2010, 22:01
Thanks for the complement. As you pointed out, one of the more important things about any VTT is the community that grows up around it.

I also remember being amazed that the search actually worked on these forums when I first joined. :)

EugeneZ
October 12th, 2010, 00:44
Yep... the Fantasy Grounds community is probably the #1 reason I use FG2. I'm glad my posts have been helpful, Wynter. We expect you to contribute, too, once you get proficient enough. ;)