PDA

View Full Version : BSOD + Programming Oversights (Rolemaster)

NEPHiLiX
October 7th, 2010, 03:21
First, I've been getting BSOD's like mad until I switched to the Beta version (2.7). It was fantastic! Got through 15 rounds of combat with multiple opponents and many books open and no crashes!! Thank you!!!

I did, however, notice a few problems. The first was the dice rolling: the d100 was strange. On the d100, the tens (the first number you read) is noted in "tens" (10, 20, 30 ,40 etc) on the die, while the # that follows is noted in single digits (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, etc). On the program's dice, however, the "0" is noted as "10"). The problem occurs when you roll a "10" on the single-digit die. A roll of 80 + 10 should result in an "80" (80 + 0), not "90". Can I change this to the standard read (where a 00 is a 100)?

Second, the subtraction of rounds of Stun/No Parry/etc should only occur at the end of the next round. For example the program behaves this way:

~first round~
"Foe" swings...misses
"Opponent" strikes...hits, stuns foe for one round.

~next round~
"Foe" swings (because moving to the next round reduces that one round of stun even though "Foe" had already fully acted in round 1). In this instance, it is impossible for "Opponent" to stun "Foe" unless he stuns him for more than 1 round (giving the faster "Foe" a distinct advantage, 1 round of stun can prevent "Opponent" from ever acting, but 1 round of stun delivered to "Foe" will never do anything).

Otherwise, loving the automation!

Moon Wizard
October 7th, 2010, 05:51
Nephilix,

Thanks for the update on 2.7 with RM. I'm not familiar with the RM ruleset, so it's good to hear more.

On the percentile dice, the convention that has been used in FG as long as it has been around is 1..10 on the single digits die, and 90+10 = 100. The reasons are probably tied to the reuse on the d10 as the singles die, and the d10 returns 1-10. This convention has been around since long before I joined the company.

The option to change this behavior is essentially ruleset specific, which means that it would need to be changed in whichever ruleset that you wanted the change in. You should ask around the Workshop board to see if anyone has implemented.

On the other RM-specific item, you might try posting your comment on the RM board. Either the ruleset creator, or one of the other users, may have some thoughts on your issue.

Cheers,
JPG