PDA

View Full Version : 4EParser Issue: milist

Czarisyn
October 6th, 2010, 19:46
Knowing that the "Alternative Reward" types of Dark Sun are not available when creating the Magic Item, I'm placing them under "Wondrous Item" type with the true type in ( ) before the name. Example:

(Echo of Power) Echo of the Crystal Forest Level 18
Rising from the center of the Ciystal Fdrest is an obsidian plateau. After you ascend it,youfeel your skin beginning to harden. Even after you leave, a vestige of that quality remains with you.
Wondrous Item 85,000 gp
Power (Encounter): Immediate Interrupt. Trigger: You take damage from an attack. Effect. You gain resist 5 to all damage against the triggering attack.

my question is, how do i get the milist part work in the ref.txt?
Its not showing up when I do:

ZLINK milist;(Echo of Power) Echo of the Crystal Forest,(Echo of Power) Echo of the Tree of Life

EugeneZ
October 12th, 2010, 00:36
I believe you need to reference the internal item name. The only way to get that is to dig through the XML. Just pulling something at random:

collarofrecovery_029

That's the Level 29 Collar of Recovery. Most items are formatted the same way (all lowercase, spaces removed, followed by an underscore and the three digit lever number) but I'm assuming this is not *always* the case, so it's best to check.

It's been a while since I actually tested this so it might not work, but it should be something along those lines. Maybe you also need the modestring thingy? Like so:

magicitemdescavault.collarofrecovery_029

Or maybe even with the module name?

magicitemdescavault.collarofrecovery_029@Adventure r's Vault

Check your XML and try one of those values.