PDA

View Full Version : Chat input issue

VenomousFiligree
October 5th, 2010, 23:27
I don't think this is a bug, rather an annoying trait of the program.

Sometimes when looking back over what I've written in the chat input frame, I notice a mistake and use the mouse to select the point I want to edit... and the whole line of text disappears.

I believe the program thinks I've dragged the text out of the frame which clears it, however that's not the case. Is the routine that senses a drag too sensitive?

VenomousFiligree
March 9th, 2011, 00:45
This was annoying me again tonight, does no one else have it?

Griogre
March 9th, 2011, 20:38
I suspect it is unusual to: a) type a lot of text spontaneously. I think most large blocks of text are chat box text. b) That people try to correct mistakes in typing if they don't catch it right away. A recent poll asked about this and most said they just let fly instead of correcting typos. I'm that way myself. I'm a mediocre typist and don't want to take the extra time to be perfect as I type so slow already.

My practical suggestion would be to hit return every two or three sentences so you would have less chance of needing to go back very far to fix typos. That and always use the left and right arrow keys to correct typos.

VenomousFiligree
March 10th, 2011, 12:31
It's not usually connected to typos but mistakes with /w or /m where I have to go back to the start.

Moon Wizard
March 13th, 2011, 00:58
I'm looking at a change in v2.8 that will slightly increase "drag" threshold, as well as prevent clearing of the chat entry box unless the mouse is released outside of the chat entry box.

Regards,
JPG

VenomousFiligree
March 13th, 2011, 09:16
I'm looking forward to 2.8! :)