PDA

View Full Version : Player not able to load rule set error

Hex08
October 4th, 2010, 03:44
My players and myself tried using Fantasy Grounds for the first time tonight and one of the players is having a problem I was hoping I could get some help with. He logged into the game without a problem and accidentally closed the game. When he tried to log back in he gets the following error: Error loading data. Could not load ruleset root file base .xml. Do you want to try reloading the data?

He chooses yes and gets the same error pops back up. He has uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and gets the same error. We are using the d20 ruleset.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ddavison
October 4th, 2010, 05:30
Have him download the d20 ruleset from the downloads page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/downloads/

He should not need to do this since you are hosting the game, though. It should automatically pull down everything he needs upon connection. He can also try changing his name prior to joining your game and it will re-download everything it needs for the campaign. You will need to clear the owner on any characters he previously had selected though, so they will re-appear in the selection list.