PDA

View Full Version : d20_JPG and PathfinderVer7

drahkar
October 2nd, 2010, 12:51
So I ran into saithan and Meatplow on the IRC channel last night and they were working through trying to get Madman's PathfinderVer7 extension to work but were getting extensive errors. I hopped on to help and I identified that they were using it with the wrong version of d20_JPG.

They had spent a lot of time fighting through that issue, mainly because the Four Ugly Monster's site that used to host the download is no more. Once we were able to locate the proper version of the d20_JPG ruleset they were up and running without anymore issues.

I went ahead and took those two rulesets and added them up into the FGWiki so that anyone in the future won't have the same problems getting it running. I've specifically called out the version of the ruleset that the extension works with. That is short term, of course as eventually it would probably be beast that this extension be updated to use the 3.5E ruleset once its merged and complete.

Moon, let me know if you have any problems with this ruleset being up on the FGWiki and I'll take it down. The Pathfinder page has two extensions on it. A 'Work In Progress' ruleset that was being made by E. Steev Ramsdell for the original d20 ruleset. I'm not sure what the status of that one is. But the PathfinderVer7 is also available there.

Otherwise they can be reached:
d20_JPG v3.0.5 - https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/D%26D_3.5E
PathfinderVer7 - https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Pathfinder

madman
October 2nd, 2010, 14:18
I don't know if anybody wants it but here is the new one, if they do. The extension works with D20_JPG 3.0.5.

PathfinderV8

This version has tons of changes and is also a WIP.
the tabbed inventory pages don't render unless you start at the slot tab and go up. working on a fix for it. And i still need to do some small things, but it works great for what we do. If anybody would like to give some feedback, Please do.

Chris

Edit: WARNING By the way you should make a copy of your inventory before using this extension. as the main tab no longer renders, along with anything in the appearance area and notes. They will be lost if you don't. And as Always make a backup of your campaign before using something new.

Chris
Edit: The Pathfinderver8 file has been updated to the new version.
The spell casting will work from the main spell tab now.

Edit: This is version 8.1 and should be used to create a new campaign (Backup your old one)i have not had any troubles making everything work.

drahkar
October 2nd, 2010, 14:48
Awesome. I'll go ahead and post that up there for you and label it as in Beta. Sound good?

Leonal
October 2nd, 2010, 16:22
Nice job on version 8 Chris! Keep up the good work!

On the main page by prestige points, do you meant the Hero Points introduced by the APG?
Regarding hit points and temp hp on the main page; I can only seem to scroll to adjust regular hp, but can type normally for temp hp.

I also like what you did with the abilities tab. :)

madman
October 3rd, 2010, 00:04
that could be hero points or fame points any of the stuff from paizo. Prestige points is what they use in the pathfinder society. and the scroll to add was the only way i could get it to work for some reason. so normal hp is in the bubble and when you add to the temp, be it pos or neg it will adjust the hp field so the CT will update. hey by the way Leonal i have something else you might want. send me your email.

Chris

EDIT:all the tab next and prev need to be updated. little stuff like that still to do, but it's comming along nice. We have been using this as is for some time now. Works great!

Chris

bradbdavis
March 26th, 2011, 13:04
I am trying to use this PathfinderVer8.ext, and I'm having great difficulty with it (using d20_jpg ruleset).

1.) Hit points are 0, and it won't let me change it, unless I go to the "mini-sheet". I can change it there, but as soon as I close the sheet, then reopen it, the HP are back to 0. If I edit the db.xml for the character directly and change HP to the proper value, it too disappears.

2.) I can't add skill ranks (tried using the "available ranks" mechanism, etc, and it doesn't work.

3.) Everyone is aware of the Inventory tab issue.

Does anyone have any input or advice? This is a nice char sheet / ext, but unfortunately, it just doesn't seem to work.

THanks,
B

braddock
March 26th, 2011, 16:53
I ran into that issue too. The only workaround I could find was to hold the ctrl button down and mousewheel over HP.

madman
March 26th, 2011, 17:55
1. you should be able to ctrl and scroll to adjust the hit points. This is so the HP doesn't get adjusted without intent.

2. you can right click on the skill page and select the direct adjustment from the menu and enter the skills.

Chris

wbcreighton
March 26th, 2011, 18:39
Edit: This is version 8.1 and should be used to create a new campaign (Backup your old one)i have not had any troubles making everything work.

Is this the version of the ext that is on fgwiki ?

madman
March 26th, 2011, 19:34
no it's not

Chris

Griogre
March 26th, 2011, 19:38
The hold down to change HP is a *feature* if you don't like it press the option button in the top right of the desktop (the one with the check) and change Mouse wheel editing from Ctrl to Always.

Be warned the feature was made because it can be devastating to your character sheet to accidently scroll in the wrong place, especially in the spell book. As the extension does change parts of the character sheet I can't say if the option still is uniform across the character sheet. Perhaps Madman can.

wbcreighton
March 28th, 2011, 22:09
no it's not

Chris

I never saw this thread until a couple of days ago. So should we be using this Ver8.1 ? I have been using Ver8 and have a campaign up and running. Is it possible to run my existing campaign using Ver8.1 ?

wbcreighton
March 29th, 2011, 05:47
Just noticed that the link to PF ver8.1 is actually inactive.