PDA

View Full Version : Ruleset Skin Issue

mr_h
October 2nd, 2010, 01:15
This problem only occurs with the savage worlds ruleset (tried it with gurps, generic, etc). When I bring up a customized skin (one I made or one someone else made), the chat box appears to be off.

Instead of text appearing in the box where you type, it appears a bit higher, as shown in the screenshot:

https://boxofgeeks.net/~mrh/FGSkinProblem.png

Any ideas what's causing this and how I can fix it?

Griogre
October 2nd, 2010, 02:35
I believe the chat window in SWs is a different size than the size used by the d20 and most other rulesets. The Shaintar one in particular is different. When I went and did my Pirates skin I had to resize the chat window graphics because of it.

mr_h
October 2nd, 2010, 03:25
hmm, so does that mean I'd have to create two versions of a skin? One for SW and another for everything else?

Ikael
October 2nd, 2010, 09:08
apparently that seems to be the case. If framedefs differs, then the graphics won't "fit" to their place and there is no easy way to handle it except by either editing the graphics itself or the framedefs, and yes you need to make two different versions of them (which makes it hard to maintain both of them). This is one annoying "issue/feature" that I have been dealing with.

Griogre
October 3rd, 2010, 06:11
It's been a long time since I messed around with the SW chat window graphics but you might be able to use tileable textures so you wouldn't have to do make separate skins I don't remember now how the chat window frame is actually build though.