PDA

View Full Version : pointless topic of conversation

Doswelk
September 29th, 2010, 20:23
I was trying to find if there was somewhere, where FGII kep the color of the dice for a player when I came across this old post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4119&highlight=custom+dice+color). :)

Now this inquirer of FG functionality has green text in his posts! :p

My first post seems to have been lost in archive..

So other old timers (joined 2005 me), what made you join the FG community?

VenomousFiligree
September 29th, 2010, 20:35
This youngster joined after seeing Fantasy Grounds mentioned on the forums of a NWN Persistent World (ALFA - A Land Far Away) he was playing on.

Valarian
September 29th, 2010, 20:53
I was looking for a replacement VTT. At the time I was using GRiP which, compared to FG1, was a little dated.

Sorontar
September 29th, 2010, 21:58
A bunch of us joined the community from the DDO boards pre-beta.

Some chaps in the US were running an Unofficial "Official online game" based in Eberron to whet the appetite for the DDO game. They went for FG so EU players followed suit.

I did things in that game with my House Cannith Artificer which I will likely never have the chance to do again. imbuing a dagger with shock to torture the bad guy was a dark moment :)

mr_h
September 29th, 2010, 22:52
I joined because after college all my roleplaying buddies spread across the country. We wanted to still have a way to play and FG was the answer.

FG still needs to work on the whole 'stop the players from getting a life and not having enough time for RPGs' though.

Griogre
September 30th, 2010, 00:04
I was trying to find if there was somewhere, where FGII kep the color of the dice for a player when I came across this old post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4119&highlight=custom+dice+color). :)

Now this inquirer of FG functionality has green text in his posts! :p

My first post seems to have been lost in archive..

So other old timers (joined 2005 me), what made you join the FG community?
LOL, I was pretty desperate at that time to switch to some VTT that would work. I had been using a vanilla battlemap and dice roller and had not had any luck with ScreenMonkey or Klooge. As I remember I wasn't sure how well FG would handle my group of 6. :)

I know the DM's dice color is in the registry in hex. I think the player's dice colors are in the cache file now.