PDA

View Full Version : Simple question

wootersl
September 29th, 2010, 17:37
Hello. I am running a 4th edition game (using the 4th edition JPG ruleset). I am using FG strictly as a DMing tool (my players like the feel of dice and paper lol). So, how do I apply damage to a monster? Say, my fighter says I do 15 damage to monster A. How can I apply that damage to the monster without manually updating it's wounds stat? I know if I roll dice using the powers ability I can just drag and drop the dice roll onto the monster and it updates it, but how can I do that without using a power?

Doswelk
September 29th, 2010, 19:03
Not that I play 4e.

Given that FGII is not designed to be used as a GM tool I do not think there is a way other than manually.

That said what happens if you type /die 15 into to the window to get a result of 15 in a box?

As I say I do not use 4e so I do not understand the exact nature of the question and thus my answer my be of no use.

Griogre
September 29th, 2010, 19:40
As Doswelk said with the 4E ruleset (either version though you should update to the 4E ruleset if you are still using the 4E_JPG) you can't just drop damage on a token unless it is a power. You *can* drop anything including the /die X directly onto the Wounds field on the Combat Tracker.

You might be interested in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13308

wootersl
September 29th, 2010, 23:27
Actually that works. :) If I do "/die 15 necrotic" then I can drop 15 necrotic damage on the token. Thanks!