PDA

View Full Version : Custom d10?

neilgfoster
September 29th, 2010, 14:36
Hi there,

Does anybody know how you can get a custom d10 to appear on the radial menu? For the other dice they show up automatically, however for a d10 the space where the custom dice should appear is taken up by the d%.

Thanks for your help

Griogre
September 29th, 2010, 19:58
Hmm. I'm not sure exactly what you are asking here. To just change the icon override the existing % one with the icon you like, apparently the custom one.

To override the behavior you would need to either change the custom die script or create another.

You would usually do this in an extension. You can see the details in the library here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/customdie.xcp

Doswelk
September 29th, 2010, 20:27
I think what he means, is one the d6 if you want to add a d3 (i.e. d6/2), there is code to add an icon to the radial in the empty spot.

But the d10 radial is full.

neilgfoster
September 30th, 2010, 08:57
Hi there,

Yes, Doswelk is right. I can create custom d10's no problem, and roll them using the /die command, however they do not appear on the radial menu when right clicking on a die.

Do you know if it is possible to remove the d% icon from the radial menu, so that custom die can show up? I would rather have the custom die menu rather than a d%

Cheers

Griogre
September 30th, 2010, 10:19
Hi there,

Yes, Doswelk is right. I can create custom d10's no problem, and roll them using the /die command, however they do not appear on the radial menu when right clicking on a die.
You have to modify the d10's radial menu - there is not link between a custom die and the radial menu unless you make one. The link I gave you gave the syntax of the control that builds the radial menu.

Do you know if it is possible to remove the d% icon from the radial menu, so that custom die can show up? I would rather have the custom die menu rather than a d%
Yes, see above. It should not be that difficult because you can use the custom die icon from the d6. The only question is do you need a sub menu like the d6 one or do you just have one custom die like it's done with the d100. Either way you can look at the code for the d6 or d100 and just change what you need. If you have any experience with programming, likely the hardest thing will be finding the location of the script/controls of the dice radial in the ruleset you are using.

StuartW
October 1st, 2010, 06:23
I don't think you *can* remove the d% because it is a built-in entry on the radial menu. I also think it is impossible to override a built-in radial menu item with a custom entry, so the d10 menu is full.

We had this problem with the Rolemaster ruleset.

Griogre
October 1st, 2010, 18:48
First neilgfoster, StuartW and Doswelk are correct that d100 stops the standard use of custom d10s. I'm embarrassed to say I drew a mental blank on this until I sat down and actually looked at a ruleset - despite Doswelk's pics.

Second, once I realized that last night, I messed around with this and did get the d100 to throw a single d10 by commenting out the d100. It may be possible to use chatwindow.onDiceLanded to process this d10 as your custom dice if the type die is different from a d10 in the draginfo but I had to go to bed before I could verify whether this approach would work.

Even if that idea would work this would still only give you one custom d10 at the cost of the d100.

My other idea is to use a custom d20. Long before the "diamond" d10s and ten-tens were available people used d20s as d10s and d100s (I remember crayoning those damn dice). The advantage of this approach is you could have several custom d10s, you wouldn't have to mess around with onDiceLanded and it would preserve the d100.