PDA

View Full Version : 4EParser Issue: vehicles

Czarisyn
September 29th, 2010, 02:38
I'm manually putting in the Dark Sun content into the parser and I'm having trouble putting the vehicles in.

Here is a sample of what the txt file looks like

ZZXBEGIN
Sand Skiff
Large vehicle
HP 80 Space 2 squares by 3 squares Cost 360gp
AC 8; Fortitude 12, Reflex 8
Speed 8
X Pilot
The pilot must sit by the sand skiff's tiller, typically at the rear of the vehicle.
X Load
SiA Medium creatures and their gear.
X Out of Control
An out-of-control sand skiff moves forward at half speed. At the Dungeon Master’s discretion, it can instead move in the same direction as a strong wind at up to full speed.
X Sails
At the Dungeon Master’s discretion, a sand skiff can take a modifier to its speed of -4 to +4 depending on the strength and direction of the wind.
X Special
A sand skiff requires firm, flat, open terrain. Reduce speed by half (or more) if the terrain is steep, soft, or cluttered with obstructions.
X Option: Creature-Drawn
One Large or larger creature can pull a sand skiff when the wind is calm.

I get the following when I try to parse

"Fatal Parse error on: Pilot The pilot must sit by the sand skiff's tiller, typically at the rear of the vehicle"

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Griogre
September 29th, 2010, 03:18
Just off the top of my head why are you using just X? I though Tenian always used three character tokens to separate data.

Czarisyn
September 29th, 2010, 03:31
Just off the top of my head why are you using just X? I though Tenian always used three character tokens to separate data.

From the Parser Document.txt under Vehicles:

*For power formatting see the NPC Alternate power section. Most vehicle "powers" are of Type X.

Czarisyn
September 29th, 2010, 03:34
And I found out the problem. I needed to put ZZX after each power name

Now to figure out why the Speed isn't displaying

Fot5
September 29th, 2010, 20:58
I'll bet the speed parsing problem has to do with the fact that you have AC, Fort, and Ref (and no Will) in the previous line.

Czarisyn
September 30th, 2010, 00:51
From the Parser Document

Vehicles:
-Output:
Data is displayed in the Library "Vehicles"
-Input:
Data File:
ZZXBEGIN
{name}
{size} vehicle
HP {hp} Space {space} Cost {cost}
AC {ac}; Fortitude {fort}, Reflex {ref}
Speed {speed text}
{power*}

*For power formatting see the NPC Alternate power section. Most vehicle "powers" are of Type X.

Also, Vehicles don't have Will