PDA

View Full Version : Mac: App Data

Judas
September 24th, 2010, 15:00
Hello

I use Wine on my Mac to run FG 2 (v.2.7.1) and can't find the Application Data folder. Does anyone know how to access the equivalent Application Data folder from a Mac?

cheers
Daniel

VenomousFiligree
September 24th, 2010, 15:10
I've just got myself a mac and installed with CrossOver, it can be found at:

/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Fantasy Grounds/drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data

Not sure if that helps

bramante77
September 24th, 2010, 17:15
Hi,
I,ve installed FG2 on my mac using crossover. it works and
I've found the application folder but when i try to open it this message appears: "there's not a windows program configured to open this file".

How can i do?

tnx

VenomousFiligree
September 24th, 2010, 17:39
Hi,
I,ve installed FG2 on my mac using crossover. it works and
I've found the application folder but when i try to open it this message appears: "there's not a windows program configured to open this file".

How can i do?

tnx
I don't believe that is the Application Data Folder. I too have that folder in my Fantasy Grounds II "bottle" and likewise I get the same error message if I try to open it.

The location I gave above is the correct Applications Data Folder.

Judas
September 24th, 2010, 18:12
I've just got myself a mac and installed with CrossOver, it can be found at:

/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Fantasy Grounds/drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data

Not sure if that helps

Thank you MurghBpurn, but i use Wine on my Mac to run FG 2 and not Crossover.
I would be thankful if anybody else would know how to access the equivalent Application Data folder?!

thx

VenomousFiligree
September 24th, 2010, 19:21
I have FG on wine on a linux install and it too uses "drive_c", maybe carry out a search for this?

harsten
September 24th, 2010, 19:28
I'm also using Wine, and my Application Data is in :

/Users/USERNAME/Wine Files/drive_c/users/USERNAME/Application Data/Fantasy Grounds II/

bramante77
September 24th, 2010, 19:38
Found.

Thanks to MurghBpurn :) .

I can confirm that this is the right way:

Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Fantasy Grounds/drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data

VenomousFiligree
September 24th, 2010, 23:58
Found.

Thanks to MurghBpurn :) .

I can confirm that this is the right way:

Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Fantasy Grounds/drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data
Glad to be of assistance :) Hopefully Judas will get sorted soon too.

Judas
September 25th, 2010, 13:18
I found the Application Data folder :) .

Thanks to harsten and MurghBpurn.

First i had to unhidde the hidden folders (.wine being the hidden folder), and then i found the Application Data folder at:

/Users/USERNAME/.wine/drive_c/users/USERNAME/Application Data/Fantasy Grounds II