PDA

View Full Version : More than one version of FG2 running at once.

Jericho
September 22nd, 2010, 20:32
Is it possible to have more than one copy of FG2 running at the same time if they have seperate licence keys, and will they communicate ok on the same machine ? I was thinking of getting a full and light licence and running them at the same time to test out how to GM a game without having to bother anyone else.

Thanks in advance.

Sorcerer
September 22nd, 2010, 20:47
if you are running them on the same machine then you only need 1 (Full) license key you can load a campaign (as GM) and then open a second instance of FG and select Join game. This works perfectly well. You just need to enter the internal IP address of your computer (should be displayed on the screen when you load the campaign as GM)

If on the other hand you tried to do this on two separate computers on your home network the second computer would report a license error and would not allow you to join the game.

Jericho
September 22nd, 2010, 20:52
Thanks Sorceror, thats good to know, I just wanted to test out how to run a game at home, thanks again.

Griogre
September 23rd, 2010, 08:12
If you start a second instance you need to use a different login name. Also, depending on how your computer is set up, many times you can use the phase - localhost instead of the local IP address to connect to the same computer.

Jericho
September 23rd, 2010, 13:46
Thankyou Griogre, I had a good play around with FG last night and feel confident enough to run a game, I've got to say I'm really impressed with the package, its awesome.

I'll probably have a couple of other questions later, thanks for taking the time to answer.