PDA

View Full Version : No toolbar icons

Othala
September 17th, 2010, 20:20
Hi everyone, I'm new to FG II and I've already bumped into a problem. I can't see any icons / buttons on that sidebar / toolbar thingie on the right. There should be something more than one (the light options button), right?
I got a Full version on Win Vista Business 32 bit. Tried running as admin, compatibility modes - nothing works. Can anyone help me with this?

drahkar
September 17th, 2010, 20:47
Which ruleset are you trying to use?

Othala
September 17th, 2010, 23:41
It's D20. I had no idea this can influence stuff...

Griogre
September 18th, 2010, 00:07
FG is Vista (and Win7) compatible so you should not need to do anything. Generally when you only get the desktop you 1) Have a Corrupt ruleset. 2) Are running a FG Version 1 ruleset with FG2.

If you are running version 2.6.5 I'd suggest you re-install the d20 ruleset. Note there is a ruleset called d20 and another called 3.5E, they are different. I'm assuming you downloaded the d20 ruleset from downloads.

Othala
September 18th, 2010, 19:08
Oh crap... Didn't see THAT one cause of fullscreen mode. I got some console message: "Script Error: [string "scripts/desktopmanager.lua"]: 103: attempt to call field 'setTooltipText' (a nil value)". Does that change anything? Does it, I don't know, influence / comes from the d20.pak file?

EDIT: New d20 ruleset download worked brilliantly, though I'm still wondering where did the script error come from... But hey, thanks, you saved the day!