PDA

View Full Version : Req: Character\Template Roster

Sigurd
September 17th, 2010, 12:43
Many of these games have complicated characters. In order to play somebody has to labouriously modify each element and calculate the resultant abilities. Sometimes this is fine but often it is really tedious.

As a DM I'd like to have a memory efficient reserve roster of characters. I'd like to give players copies from that roster to personalize and\or play. Given the propensity of gamers to collect things this roster would have to be very efficient (perhaps a small db) or limited to a number of slots. The roster would be linked with the ruleset so that you couldn't pull 4e characters into a 3e game. Perhaps it could be part of a bridge between campaigns using the same rulesets\extensions.

I'd be ok if it was a linked application or some sort of subsystem as long as the players could get or be given characters without the DM rebooting.

In a pickup game, I'd like to be able to give 3 people copies of fighter #3 and 2 people copies of cleric #7. I'd like each new copy to become a player character and not change the DM roster.

I'd like a process to export a player character into this roster so I don't have to make each character by hand.

Not a small request but it would be hugely useful.

Sigurd