PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds: Hit and Run gaming

Talen
September 16th, 2010, 21:39
So I've picked up Savage Worlds and Im really liking it (unfortunately, the Saturday gaming Winter has going has been difficult to attend- but is such a great idea!) That being said, Im leaning toward running a casual game along the same lines. The game will be based on the following 2 principles:

1. No Strings: I will run the game only when Im able and the players will come and go as they please.
2. Short bursts of gaming goodness: Games will only run for 3 hr clips on average

The hook will be sort of a "Quantum Leap" and "Dr. Who" hybrid campaign (yes, I'm that old) where players will be plucked from their own timelines by some force and placed into various situations they must resolve with the other leapers. With this conceit, I can explain the changing player line up while allowing me to play with all the cool SW campaign settings out there.

At the moment, Im leaning toward starting with either Rippers or Necessary Evil, but Im open to suggestions. As I think about it however, the underlying story will likely be tied together by quite a few concepts from Rippers.

This campaign will not in any way conflict with what Winter started and will not run on Saturday mornings for that reason - in addition to Saturday morning/afternoons being inconvenient for me. Im not sure how oftern I can run the game either as I have a weekly 4e campaign (See the "No Strings" principle referenced above).

That all being said, anyone interested in trying this out with an old FG dm, but SW noob? If so, what settings have you been interested in trying?

Syndrome
September 17th, 2010, 04:30
id be happy to play anything... im new to sw but have really liked it as well

Mask_of_winter
September 17th, 2010, 11:26
Hi Michael!

It's a shame Saturday afternoons are difficult for you. You are always welcome in my game!

I'm glad you caught the Savage Worlds bug though! I wish you all the luck with your game. To help you get an idea of what the community is interested in playing, I run a poll on the forums, you can check it out here : https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12739

The worst thing about SW is that there are too many awesome settings! Enjoy everybody!

P.S. If your Saturday afternoon is free and you'd like to play some horror sci-fi, pm me.