PDA

View Full Version : Help with Fluff

kurtyboh
September 15th, 2010, 17:49
I recently started using the parser, and have had pretty good luck with it. It is a very nice program that just needs a bit of thinking once in a while. However now that I have the core manuals in modules, and added the common items by straight input, I decided to my hand at the fluff. I input the first two types of creatures from mm1. All of the Aboleths came out right, except the servitor which I had misspelt. The Abominations however didn't come out at all. With the first set i have flavor, tactics and lore, the abominations only have a description which seems to mach what would be the flavor and nothing else. Also none of them seem to have grouped up for group search?

ex.
ZZXBEGIN
Aboleth Servitor
ZZXEND
ZGROUP
Aboleth

ZZXBEGIN
Aboleth Servitor
ZZXEND
ZFluff
A WATERY HUMANOID
ZTactics
stays close
ZLore
A character knows the following information with a successful nature check.
DC 5: FG2 IS FRIGGEN AWESOME

ZZXBEGIN
Astral Stalker
ZZXEND
ZFluff
pringles was all set to make tennis balls
ZTactics
but when their shipment of rubber was to be deliverd a truckload of potatoes arrived instead.
ZLore
A character knows the following information with a successful Religion check.
DC 25: cut em up we'll make chips

kurtyboh
September 15th, 2010, 19:20
i forgot, above teh astral stalker i have
ZZXBEGIN
Astral Stalker
Other Abomination
ZZXEND
ZGROUP
Abomination

Also with the Aboleth i have all others there, but each type of monster has its own group when i choose list by group.

Griogre
September 16th, 2010, 08:49
It doesn't look like you are defining the group correctly. Everything you want in in a group should go in the list prior the the group name.

IE
ZZXBEGIN
Aboleth Lasher
Aboleth Slime Mage
Aboleth Overseer
Aboleth Servitor
ZZXEND
ZGROUP
Aboleth

This tells it you want all the different types of Aboleth in one group called Aboleth.

kurtyboh
September 16th, 2010, 11:14
Grioge, sorry if my post isn't making sense, but that's the way i have it... i know i made it confusing by forgetting that block of text. anyhow

ZZXBEGIN
Aboleth Servitor
Other Aboleth
Aboleth the 3rd
ZZXEND
ZGROUP
Aboleth

ZZXBEGIN
Aboleth Servitor
ZZXEND
ZFluff
A WATERY HUMANOID
ZTactics
stays close
ZLore
A character knows the following information with a successful nature check.
DC 5: FG2 IS FRIGGEN AWESOME

ZZXBEGIN
Other Aboleth
XZZXEND
ZFluff
ZTactics
ZLore

ZZXBEGIN
Astral Stalker
Other Abomination
ZZXEND
ZGROUP
Abomination

ZZXBEGIN
Astral Stalker
ZZXEND
ZFluff
pringles was all set to make tennis balls
ZTactics
but when their shipment of rubber was to be deliverd a truckload of potatoes arrived instead.
ZLore
A character knows the following information with a successful Religion check.
DC 25: cut em up we'll make chips

the stalker and other abominations in one group and the aboleths in the other

Griogre
September 17th, 2010, 05:03
Ah, my mistake - you are saying the abominations and Servitor aren't grouping correctly. The parser is case sensitive I think the problem might be you are using ZGROUP (all caps) when you should be using ZGroup (upper-lower case).

kurtyboh
September 17th, 2010, 22:15
Ok the monsters are grouping correctly, alternatively I also fixed my other issue as well. I after the first set went so well i decided to make a template which had ZZEND instead of ZZXEND so... its all better now. Just used notebook to replace all ZZENDs With ZZXEND and reparsed good to go.

Thanks guys!