PDA

View Full Version : New and looking for a group

elydustin
September 15th, 2010, 17:43
Hi! I am Dustin Ely and I just bought a full version license. I have some free time this week and would love to play! I have experience in 3.5, 4E, and Vampires: the masq. I am willing to learn new games as well.

Dershem
September 15th, 2010, 20:05
Time zone and what hours you are available may help. Also a lot of games are looking for long term players.. Though there are one shots, but I've noticed they tend to be in systems like Savage Worlds, or Cuthulu

elydustin
September 15th, 2010, 20:30
I am -6 GMT (central time), I have evenings and weekends usually. I'm looking for something consistent if possible, however if I am going to something new like cuthulu or something then I don't mind one shots and such.

CAPryde
September 16th, 2010, 00:38
I run a gothic gun-fu game on Thursday nights from 6-8, CDT (-5 GMT). It uses Savage Worlds. Check out the discussion thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13140), and PM me if you're interested.

Doswelk
September 16th, 2010, 11:42
You like anyone else are welcome to my open Savage Worlds Online Saturdays or Fridays (depending on when I can run them).

It is an attempt at an open campaign, each player gets a pre-gen character (I have 18 so far!) and they re-use the character each time they play.

Given that the Saturday game starts at 11am in the UK I have a lot of dedicated Americans joining me!

It's Savage Worlds and set in the UK in the year 2011.

elydustin
September 16th, 2010, 16:41
Yeah I would definitely like that. I just need to get the ruleset don't I? Well, I have to be to work in a bit, but when I get home I'll shoot you another message.

Doswelk
September 16th, 2010, 17:53
To play Savage Worlds (on FGII) you do not need to buy anything, when you connect you download a cached version that you can only read when connected to the server.

Again to play FGII you do not need to buy the rules to begin with just download the Fast Play PDF (https://www.peginc.com/Downloads/SWEX/TD06.pdf) and you good to go!

elydustin
September 16th, 2010, 22:38
sweet, im gonna read this and mess around a bit. Let me know when the action starts.

Doswelk
September 16th, 2010, 23:13
I am running a game tomorrow: 19:30.

There will be another game same time next Friday.

Finally a game next Saturday 11 am start.

All these times are British Summer Time (GMT+1)