PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Theme: Osirion Nights

heliopolix
September 14th, 2010, 21:53
Theme that modifies D20_JPG Pathfinder, for my Legacy of Fire campaign.

Next: Borders!

Leonal
September 15th, 2010, 01:31
I saw this over at Paizo.com and it looks great. :)

Blue Haven
September 15th, 2010, 17:51
Can you share that as an ext.? when you finish of course... ;)

heliopolix
September 17th, 2010, 10:54
Theme is almost complete, I think. Image borders finalized. Still debating if I want to reskin the character sheet (ughh...), the combat tracker, and the story & interface windows.

For the Work In Progress .ext, mail me at heliopolixatgmaildotcom, and I'll send you a copy.

elydustin
September 17th, 2010, 15:01
How do you make themes? I saw a few new themes listed in the forums and I was wondering how you put together a theme. I want to make a theme to use while editing my campaigns and such.

heliopolix
September 17th, 2010, 23:23
Well, you look at the existing graphics, and package new graphics to replace them.

It is a simple process, but that doesn't mean it is easy. I am usually on Skype (as heliopolix) if you see me on, I can give you some pointers.

elydustin
September 17th, 2010, 23:54
alright, what file or folder would these images be located? I searched the apps folder and don't see any images anywhere, are they located elsewhere?

VenomousFiligree
September 18th, 2010, 00:03
alright, what file or folder would these images be located? I searched the apps folder and don't see any images anywhere, are they located elsewhere?
For XP it's: Documents and Settings/USER NAME/Application Data/Fantasy Grounds II/rulesets/RULESET NAME/frames (and icons)

Griogre
September 18th, 2010, 00:22
Also if you are using a PAK ruleset like the d20, 4E or 3.5E ones you need to unpack the ruleset first to see the ruleset's assets.

elydustin
September 18th, 2010, 00:41
I don't see a rulesets folder anywhere, is that something you only see with the Ultimate license?

Doswelk
September 18th, 2010, 00:43
Full or ultimate would be needed.

Doswelk
September 18th, 2010, 00:44
How do you make themes? I saw a few new themes listed in the forums and I was wondering how you put together a theme. I want to make a theme to use while editing my campaigns and such.

AH!

My next video subject! :D

Griogre
September 18th, 2010, 01:33
The rulesets folder is in FG's application data folder. It's possible you don't have one if all you have are pak rulesets. To find this folder press the Start button -> All Programs -> Fantasy Grounds II -> Application data folder. If you don't have a folder you can make one it should be called rulesets. If you just have the default rulesets that came with FG then it might well be empty.

elydustin
September 18th, 2010, 01:33
I have full, I found the FGII folder with the campaigns, modules and such but theres no ruleset folder.

Griogre
September 18th, 2010, 01:36
Just create the folder then, don't forget its plural and it may be case sensitive.

elydustin
September 18th, 2010, 01:42
Well I found that in the modules folder if you extract the extensions with the extractor program, it gives the directories of the images it uses. This way seems longer, but is this the way to go about making a theme?

heliopolix
September 18th, 2010, 03:32
Rulesets folder is in GM and ultimate licenses. If you have only the default rulesets, they are located in the program files \ FG directory. Use the unpaker in that folder to extract the ruleset and look at the frames and icons folder to see the default images.

Jeffrey

Edit: ninja'd by page refresh.

Creating new themes is sometimes difficult but can be quite rewarding. I would recommend reading the help files for windows as you will need to know how they work if the images you are using are different size then the default ones.

Blue Haven
December 17th, 2010, 11:50
Anyone have this that can share?? it looks so cool :)
Thanks

drahkar
December 17th, 2010, 16:29
Ruleset folders only exist in Full and above. It also requires that you own or have downloaded the Ruleset in question. Like Griofre said, the 4E/d20 and 3.5E ones are already downloaded, but in PAK form. They can be found in the application directory.

Easiest way to find that is to right click your Fantasy Grounds II icon, clink properties and then click 'Find Target'. Then hit cancel on that window and the explorer should have opened to the App directory.

Make a folder, put the pak in it. rename the pak to zip and decompress it. You then have access to the files everyone has been talking about.

Blue Haven
December 18th, 2010, 00:12
Are you talking to me...? because i only asked for the ext of Osirion Nights that Heliopolix made...so you gonna tell me that this ext exists on the ruleset??
what tha hell is going on in here...?

drahkar
December 18th, 2010, 02:18
elydustin was asking about making their own themes. We were helping to show where to go in the attempt to make one.

Are you talking to me...? because i only asked for the ext of Osirion Nights that Heliopolix made...so you gonna tell me that this ext exists on the ruleset??
what tha hell is going on in here...?

Blue Haven
December 18th, 2010, 12:48
Ohhh ok ok i got confused because i only asked about the ext and you answered all that stuff lolol nevermind :) sorry about that :P

Blue Haven
December 25th, 2010, 17:24
Ok feedback about the ext...there is some problem with the box...i used d20 ruleset and right at the start it gives an error about the box (the lamp) and blocks and everytime you put some dice on the lamp the error appears...does anyone had this problem too...?
Thanks

heliopolix
December 28th, 2010, 16:15
You are right about that error. The module modifies The Box in d20_jpg. I'll update the module description to work with d20_jpg only until I update it to include the full code for the box (the lamp).

Blue Haven
December 29th, 2010, 16:57
Glad i could help in anything :)