PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Features - Peeking at character sheets

Tarostar
September 14th, 2010, 10:28
Haven't posted here in a little while, but I've been playing using Fantasy Grounds and I am very pleased with how stable and functional it now is. Great work!

There are some things which I'd love to see in FG so I thought I'd mentioned them.

1. The ability for players to view each others character sheets. This could either be an option or ideally players could choose to keep their character sheets "private" or make them "public".

2. FG seems a lot faster than when I first tried it many, many moons ago, but I think it would benefit from updating text and images even faster. Sometimes I'll type something, the GM will type something, we both hit enter and several seconds tick by before our messages appear in the chat box (I have a 17-18Mb connection). Now, seeing I can play online games with a lot more people - where a lot more data is constantly streaming - and we can chat and move around in the virtual world without any such delay. Even when we are playing games where one of us is hosting as server there are no delays. So it seems to me there is still some re-coding to be done. (is there any ping features inbuilt in FG to see lag times - could be useful?)

3. I really miss the face-to-face and I know we can get video conferencing software on the side, but it would be really neat if at some point there would be an option to display a video stream from your webcam in the portrait window! The GM could just be given his own GM portrait on the far left.

Thanks

Tarostar