PDA

View Full Version : Gear Tokens

SniperDM
September 12th, 2010, 00:02
For my Ptolus campaign which I am restarting after a long hiatus, I decided to come up with my own frame for the tokens I'm going to use to represent the vaguely steampunkish fantasy theme present in the setting. I had one like it in the past, but it was a bit too thick and clunky. I thought I'd share this new version as a .png as well as the original photoshop .psd (compressed into a .zip file) in case anyone wanted to use it for themselves. I also attached a screenshot with the way the tokens look in the game (sized down to 100x100px and adjusted further on a map with token scaling).

If you have photoshop, the .psd is pretty much ready to go. You just need to paste the picture you want to use for the token into the "Center Image" layer and mess with the sizing/positioning of it to fill the frame however you like, then adjust the entire image size to the desired output and save as a .png. If you don't have Photoshop, you can still use the .png attached to this message in other graphics programs but you'll have to crop the image you want to fit into the frame yourself.

Blue Haven
September 12th, 2010, 14:55
That would look very cool on a Iron Kingdoms ruleset ;)

tdewitt274
September 12th, 2010, 18:07
Another option would be to scale the image to replace the "portrait.png" file.

You'll kind of have to mess with it a bit. I made it the same size as the "portrait.png" and couldn't see the round border, but I did see the cogs. There might need to be some changes to the code to compensate fully, but it's worth a try.

SniperDM
September 12th, 2010, 21:38
Another option would be to scale the image to replace the "portrait.png" file.

You'll kind of have to mess with it a bit. I made it the same size as the "portrait.png" and couldn't see the round border, but I did see the cogs. There might need to be some changes to the code to compensate fully, but it's worth a try.

Not a bad idea. I don't think any code changes need to be made, but maybe it depends on the ruleset. However, you do need to update the portrait_mask.png file to support the modified frame size. Try dropping these files into your ruleset's /icons folder and see if that looks any good (make sure you back up the old ones).

tdewitt274
September 12th, 2010, 22:05
Worked perfectly! I didn't think of the mask.

Blue Haven
September 13th, 2010, 11:56
So cool :) Thanks