PDA

View Full Version : Server Crashes

VenomousFiligree
September 11th, 2010, 23:52
Now I have been having problems with FG in general, however they all started from the first crash with the BRP ruleset.

It would appear that sometimes when the character sheet is being edited by the player, it crashes the server. Happened 3 times now with BRP, I've never had it happen on another ruleset.

Not sure what exactly is causing it.

vgaubersoldat
September 13th, 2010, 10:55
Crap. I was looking forward to using BRP for my game I was working on. :(

VenomousFiligree
September 13th, 2010, 12:15
Don't get me wrong it wasn't crashing all the time and no one else has mentioned this, so it may just be my machine.

vgaubersoldat
September 13th, 2010, 22:09
No problemo. Just decided today to get the BRP anyways. :)

tedopon
September 14th, 2010, 15:21
No, I have the same problem with my group.
In a ~4 hour session, we get five to ten crashes. This is both with the standard BRP set and the MYQuest set.
I'm relieved to know that someone else is having the same problem.
Also glad, in retrospect, that I wasn't able to make your game this weekend. Since I wasn't present, it points directly to the software as being the problem and not anything me or my group is doing.
I've used six or seven rulesets on this software, and this is the only set I've had crash more than once. Disappointing since this is the only ruleset I was genuinely excited about.

phantomwhale
September 14th, 2010, 16:28
Well, if it's any reassurance, Stuart (the author of this module) is probably one of the best ruleset coders for FGII; I'm sure with some player assistance, he'd be able to track down and fix the issue.

...mind you, I might just be saying that as I've got a copy too, and though I don't actively use it, I'd quite like to think it's super-stable when I do ;)

StuartW
September 15th, 2010, 06:15
I'd like to help on this one, but don't get much FG coding time these days. Can someone give me some hints about how/when this occurs with (too much to ask) perhaps some steps to reproduce the issue?

Problems arising from multiple-access to the same the resource are the hardest to track down as a coder, since you tend to have only one person (yourself) accessing the resource when you are developing a ruleset.

Stuart

tedopon
September 15th, 2010, 08:09
I'm going to check one more thing before I start making reports. I have it narrowed down to the character sheet, but until I check my hunch, I don't want to report anything official.