PDA

View Full Version : FUM gone for good?

Spyke
September 11th, 2010, 19:35
I notice that the Four Ugly Monsters site is now showing a domain for sale page. I can understand if the decision's been taken to close down, as the traffic has dwindled to a trickle since it moved to being just a forum.

However, it gave us a lot of pleasure while it lasted, as did Adventuresome Dreams before it, and I feel we should mark its passing in some way.

Goodbye Four Ugly Monsters, I for one will remember you well. Barrel-loads of thanks to the guys who kept it going.

Spyke

ronnke
September 11th, 2010, 22:41
I came into virtual tabletop gaming just before FUM announced their closure. It's sad to see such a resource/community go, but I am always reminded of new beginnings. When one door closes often a new door will open, so hopefully someone picks up the ball and we see something new in future.

Farewell FUM.

*salute*

Ram Tyr
September 11th, 2010, 23:04
Yes, it was a worthy successor to Adventuresome Dreams for a bit. Hopefully, new sites will rise up now. I just hope that I can go back to spending as much time as I did a few years back.

FUM gave me lots of laughs and I got to like a bunch of the folks. The conventions were great. I remember those sessions fondly.

(Hey Spyke!)

Later.

Spyke
September 12th, 2010, 11:25
(Hey Spyke!)

Hey Ramza! :)

Stuart's Qabbal campaign still stands as the highlight for me with Fantasy Grounds.

(Hey Stuart!)

Spyke