PDA

View Full Version : Defining Interests / Mods on Character Sheet

VenomousFiligree
September 6th, 2010, 12:06
Reality Blurs has added a nice touch (imo) to the core rules with Defining Interests, could these be included?

In the weapons tab of the main sheet, I'd like to see a way to modify the Shooting or Fighting roll. For instance, I have trademark weapon or my weapon is magical and offers a +1 to hit.
Been having a play, consisting of copy, paste, run, crash, comment out, run, crash, delete, run, console errors, comment out.... (you get the idea!)

However it's looking stable(ish).

Mask_of_winter
September 6th, 2010, 15:10
I think the Mod box addition is a good addition. It can be helpful to have it on your sheet instead of a hotkey or the +/- tool (upper right corner of the UI).

I'm just concerned that it reduces the skill box and that the skill box might get cluttered real quick.

What I had in mind for tradermark was an option on when you right click on the "shooting", "fighting" and "throwing" icon in the weapon tab, it brings out a dial menu and you can add modifiers just like with skills.

But overall good job Phil! keep it up!

VenomousFiligree
September 6th, 2010, 15:48
I'm just concerned that it reduces the skill box and that the skill box might get cluttered real quick.
You can get 12 skills with the current spacing, could probably increase that with less spacing between them.

What I had in mind for tradermark was an option on when you right click on the "shooting", "fighting" and "throwing" icon in the weapon tab, it brings out a dial menu and you can add modifiers just like with skills.
Beyond me I'm afraid.

Doswelk
September 6th, 2010, 18:08
You can get 12 skills with the current spacing, could probably increase that with less spacing between them.

Problem with moving the skills closer together is the bug that the text for a long skill although visually cuts off at the correct point, invisibly blocks the dice of a skill to it's right.

I think you know what I mean even if I described very badly :o

VenomousFiligree
September 6th, 2010, 18:13
Problem with moving the skills closer together is the bug that the text for a long skill although visually cuts off at the correct point, invisibly blocks the dice of a skill to it's right.

I think you know what I mean even if I described very badly :o
Indeed I do! :)

The skills are still the same distance horizontally, I've squeezed them up vertically and got an extra two skills in for a total of 14.

Edit:
There's also more dead space on the left of the sheet than the right, not sure why?