PDA

View Full Version : Druid Primal Swarm

tpkurilla
September 5th, 2010, 23:25
Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out how to create a situational power for the Druid's Primal Swarm damage reduction ability. I.e., reducing damage by the druid's Con modifier.

I'm obviously just too new at this, and can't seen to figure out how to do this.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance,

-Thomas

EugeneZ
September 6th, 2010, 07:08
To accomplish this, you need to add an effect to the power. Right click on it, click Add Ability, Add Effect Ability. On the new line that appears type:

RESIST: [+CON]

I'm not familiar with the particular ability, but if it will always go on the caster, change TRGT to SELF. And if it only applies to the next attack, change ALL to ONCE or SNGL. Don't forget to set a duration using the blank box on the right.

tpkurilla
September 6th, 2010, 18:27
Awesome!

I figured it was simple. I tried to look it up, but apparently I'm not very good at that either. =)

Where can I look to see what keyword/mods are possible on effects?

Thanks for the help!

-Thomas

Zeus
September 6th, 2010, 18:36
There's a whole section which provides a reference for 4E Effects here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide4E/ref_effects_4E.xcp). Make sure to check the topic/content links on the left towards the bottom.

Function
September 8th, 2010, 16:54
The only issue with using RESIST is that the swarm form only prevents damage from ranged and melee; not from close and area attacks.

I used it as an ENDN and put it on myself everytime I ended my turn in beast form. Swarm form gives temp when you change so you end up toggling it a lot.

/function