PDA

View Full Version : 4eparser query - ZBREAK

Nilaihah
September 5th, 2010, 16:42
Hello guys,

I know it is not FG exactly, but I figure someone here can probably give me a hand.

How do you use the ZBREAK tag to allow paragraph breaks in formated text? Like for Lore entries, or Fluff.

I have tried before, in the space of the break, in the space of the break in a new line. I have tried sticking that tag pretty much everywhere and doesn't make a difference.

I either get a huge block of text, or just the first paragraph.

Other than that I have had no issues, and for now I have stuck to just keep it as a wall of text. Still wish I could format it properly though.

EugeneZ
September 6th, 2010, 07:11
I've never used ZBREAK... back in my day, we didn't have no fancy ZBREAK or any of those other helper formatting tags. I just use XML.

ZLore
<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vestibulum adipiscing augue at massa tempor vulputate. Praesent ornare ornare mi ac convallis.</p>
<p>Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos.</p>

etc.

Zeus
September 6th, 2010, 07:33
Nilaihah - I too have never used ZBREAK but from reading the Parser Document it looks like its only supported for Lore content i.e. inside a ZLore block.

For NPCs the text under Fluff, Lore, Tactics etc. is automatically formatted by the Parser, there is no need to add formattedtext block tags like <p> </p> and <b> etc. Just copy the text under each block as is.

Text under ZLore is auto-formatted into <frame> blocks if starts with the following format:

{knowledge skill} DC {#}:
{DC} :

Also, make sure you are using the latest version of the Parser, Tenian recently updated the Parser to break out the individual blocks in a Fluff file to support his new NPC Lore extension.

Nilaihah
September 6th, 2010, 09:52
Thanks for taking the time to answer, guys.

Yes, I can get the lore blocks to format properly. As in, it does show the DC or {skill} DC {#} prefix, the issue is that if in my fluff file pre-parse I have:

ZLore
History DC 15:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vestibulum adipiscing augue at massa tempor vulputate. Praesent ornare ornare mi ac convallis.

Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos.

In FG, it would just display:

History DC 15:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vestibulum adipiscing augue at massa tempor vulputate. Praesent ornare ornare mi ac convallis.

The 'solution' right now is to make it a single huge paragraph so all the content displays, but it a bit of an eyesore :cry:

I tried putting ZBREAK pretty much anywhere in that initial block and didn't really make much of a difference. It didn't seem it was parsing it at all as it would just actually print out ZBREAK in the lore text in FG.

One option would be to edit the XML straight, but it would be nice the know how to do it from the fluff file pre-parse just to save time instead of first parsing and then going in to edit each entry. That is, if it is possible.

This issue is not limited to only the lore blocks, either. I cannot get it to accept multiple paragraphs anywhere. All the other categories also break after the first paragraph.

I did check whether I was running the latest version of the parser, but I'll give it another look when I am home to be certain.

Zeus
September 6th, 2010, 10:26
What happens if you remove the empty lines? i.e.

ZLore
History DC 15:
Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos.

Does it output as a single block or as a frame and a paragraph?

Nilaihah
September 6th, 2010, 10:30
That outputs as a single block of text.

I tried putting the ZBREAK between paragraphs in an individual line, making it a whole single paragraph with ZBREAK where they should break, putting ZBREAK at the end of the whole Lore block, tried using it as 'ZBreak' instead to see if it was just a mistake in the documentation and that it was caps sensitive...

Tried a few other combinations, but no cigar.

Zeus
September 6th, 2010, 11:00
Not sure then. I've sent Tenian a message so we will hopefully have an answer soon.

Nilaihah
September 6th, 2010, 11:10
Thank you very much. It is appreciated!

All in all it is not a huge thing, but it would be convenient.

Other than that, the amount of work the parser saved me is outright unbelievable. Really nifty tool.