PDA

View Full Version : 4E tags for effects

zapoqx
September 4th, 2010, 23:23
I was wondering if there is a guide anywhere for all the effect commands within powers. Like the parser does a decent job, but there are some cases like paragon paths and whatever that I'd want to add in to my powers in the effects ability and I would want to know what they are. I remember the old 4E Manual on the Fantasy Grounds Wikia was helpful quite a bit, but it doesn't seem to be updated at all so I was also wondering if it was changed somewhere or just abandoned or whatever.
All I know so far is:
REGEN: # - Regeneration effect
DEF: # - Defense bonus
+[STAT] - to add a stat bonus to some number in the effect
power - after a number to indicate if its a power bonus

anymore?
Thanks!

Moon Wizard
September 4th, 2010, 23:45
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide4E/ref_effects_4E.xcp

Make sure that you read through all the pages related to effects. (see the left hand navigation for more pages)

Cheers,
JPG

zapoqx
September 7th, 2010, 03:10
oh! Thanks alot! Helps quite a bit.

zapoqx
July 24th, 2011, 07:01
Ok, instead of writing a new topic since it relates, I figured I'd bump this back up.
So I realized even after reading it all, I've been meaning to ask about something I can't get correct. Basically it involves REGEN.
So I setup the following:
Self, Any REGEN: 2 [+CON] Enc
The thing works as stated until the end of the encounter, no problems. However, the one flaw to this is that the effect this comes from states that while I'm bloodied, I can use the Regen. So is there a way to make it so it only procs off of Bloodied and not just having any kind of HP?

Griogre
July 24th, 2011, 17:02
No there is not a way. I've found the best way to deal with this is to use a Reminder effect not one that actually causes regen. IE: Regen: 4 if bloodied. I use something like this on my Longtooth Warden who can regen if bloodied. It is on the wishlist to do what you want though.

Reminder effects can be quite useful, especially if you have the show effects on at the start of each PC turn.

zapoqx
February 6th, 2013, 00:01
I just wanted to return to this to see if the Bloodied condition for regen (and the like) was added at all. I saw on the Idea Informer that it has been "completed," but I don't see where it is added.

Trenloe
February 6th, 2013, 01:32
I just wanted to return to this to see if the Bloodied condition for regen (and the like) was added at all. I saw on the Idea Informer that it has been "completed," but I don't see where it is added.
See from post #4 onwards in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17412

It discusses how to use the IF and IFT conditional effects.

zapoqx
February 6th, 2013, 02:47
Hmm....
From the post, what I could conclude is that it would be written as:
IF bloodied; REGEN: [+CHA]

A Standard If/then statement. But, the question is from that list, is it even possible for Bloodied condition that is usually not said on the character as a condition, but just what the HP value is?

Paladin's Pride
February 6th, 2013, 03:55
Correct except you need a colon after the IF, thus:

IF: Bloodied; REGEN: [+CHA]

And IFT can be used for when the target is bloodied. For example, tiefling Bloodhunt:
IFT: Bloodied; ATK: 1

zapoqx
February 7th, 2013, 23:32
Well that all worked, but it seems you can't use an IF and IFT with CA or maybe we're putting it in incorrectly. We tried:
IF: CA; DMG: 1
However, without setting up CA by any means, it was still giving 1 damage extra (showing EFFECT +1). And LUA errors are popping up using IF: Bloodied.
It gives:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token.lua"]:754: attempt to call global 'checkConditional' (a nil value)

The IF statement still works, but it seems to error everytime its clicked according to the DM.

We also can't get a certain IF statement to work in regards to trying to grant DMG: 1 with IF: CA, IFT: GRANTCA. It seems it will give the bonus damage regardless of the IF statement.

Moon Wizard
February 13th, 2013, 07:20
I don't believe that IF: CA is supported by the conditional code at this point.

Also, I have just found the other script issue cause, and plan to try and slip something into 2.9.3.

Regards,
JPG

zapoqx
February 14th, 2013, 23:23
Ah, thanks for that JPG.
So I guess that means that there can't be an If statement setup for if you have CA somehow (Whether target grants CA or you just have CA due to a power/flanking)?

Moon Wizard
February 15th, 2013, 07:28
No, I just double-checked the code.

Someone might be able to add the code into the EffectsManager.checkConditional function, if they want to figure it out and provide me with a copy. The main difference from other conditions is that you have to account for both CA and GRANTCA conditions when considering IF: CA and IFT: CA. Otherwise, it would be a simple addition.

I'm so deep into the next version that it's actually difficult to change gears to figure this stuff out again.

Regards,
JPG

zapoqx
February 16th, 2013, 23:31
Ok. Thanks for the info.