PDA

View Full Version : weeknight gothic gun-fu

CAPryde
September 4th, 2010, 04:38
Hello All,

I'm looking to see if there is any interest in a weeknight game. I am located in central Texas (GMT-5), and I have 1-2 players already committed from my old group in Houston (recently moved). I'm flexible on earlier vs. later in the evening. We would use Skype in addition to FG2.

Ideally I would like to run a short campaign (4-6 sessions) to help playtest a setting. I do a tiny bit of writing for Savage Worlds (you can see my handiwork on the "Scare Crow" One Sheet for Deadlands and TAG's Necropolis Update), and I am currently working on a new setting for the Triple Ace Games "Daring Tales" line that taps into the mixture of modern gun-fu, supernatural, and conspiracy/crime elements that you find in movies like Underworld, The Replacement Killers, and Push. Players take the role of agents working for the Illuminati to combat a mixture of monsters and criminal organizations. Player roles include regular humans, but also an array of Arcane Backgrounds, including new monstrous ABs, such as "Vampire" and "Lycanthrope."

If you would be interested, send me a PM. I'm trying to schedule in such a way as to avoid conflicting with the awesome games that several folks are already running on the weekends. Ideally I'm leaning towards a Thursday or Monday game, but the night and timing is flexible.

Thanks,
JCW

ProfMarks
September 5th, 2010, 06:39
I'm very interested JCW. Of course, it will have to be time dependant but your time zone should work out.

chitownroy
September 5th, 2010, 19:19
I would be interested as well. I would really like to get a first hand perspective of how the Fantasy Grounds system works.

CAPryde
September 6th, 2010, 08:08
I'm glad to see all the interest! The tentative plan is Thursday night, from 6-8; we'll add another hour if we end up with more than four people or need it. Send me a PM with your email address. I'll forward along a copy of the current draft of the player material by Wednesday, so everyone can make a character.

chitownroy
September 6th, 2010, 16:04
That would be the one night that does not work for me. I coach two soccer teams and we practice Thursday night.

Mask_of_winter
September 6th, 2010, 18:16
poor Roy, nothing seems to work for ya buddy...

tell you what, if a spot opens up on Sunday evenings for my Deadlands game I'll give you a shout.

chitownroy
September 6th, 2010, 18:49
Thats okay soccer ends at the beginning of November and my son might be interested in trying out the Thursday night thing so i will pass this on to him.

VenomousFiligree
September 7th, 2010, 22:20
As mention in MoW's thread, I may be working away from home midweek soon, and 6 to 8 would be 2300 onwards, which could definitely be doable! :)

CAPryde
September 9th, 2010, 03:02
Alright, folks, it looks like we have a game. A few of you still haven't sent me email addresses, though. It's been an absurdly busy week (I teach college history, and we are just now settling in after the craziness of the start-of-semester), but I'm going through my draft right now and planning to send it out tonight.

My plan is to put the server up tomorrow night and let people sign in to chat about and make characters. We might do a little playing tomorrow night, but I figure that making characters and answering questions and so on will chew up at least half the time. We can get going full steam next week.

I'm going to test out my set-up tonight (my IP has changed recently), but I'll put up a server alias tomorrow afternoon.

CAPryde
September 9th, 2010, 19:52
The server alias is "bold ogre xeno seal." I have it up right now and will be working in it a little bit. I may have to step out for a bit this afternoon, but I will try to leave the server up when I can, so feel free to try and sign in.

elydustin
September 16th, 2010, 01:45
Hey I got your message, and I am interested in trying it out but I have no experience with Savage Worlds. Have any material for me to look over?

CAPryde
September 16th, 2010, 03:43
If you PM me with your email address, I can send you a copy of the draft that I am working on. I also have the server up tonight, if you would like to sign in and make a character.

CAPryde
September 22nd, 2010, 05:28
I've changed the status of this campaign to "not accepting players" because we have quite a few, but that is not a set-in-stone state, so PM me if you wander into this thread and are interested.