PDA

View Full Version : can anyone shed any light please?

monkey-x
September 4th, 2010, 00:53
im intending to buy FG to run games for my friends that have moved away so we are trying to get the demo version to connect to each other to make sure we can use it before we part with any cash. Annoyingly neither of us can connect to each other. I have opened port 1802, set up my router for port forwarding and allowed FG thru my firewall but we still can't get anything to run. Any ideas would be VERY welcome.

Moon Wizard
September 4th, 2010, 23:50
The demo version is unfortunately quite old. The videos in the downloads section will give you a better sense of how the tabletop works currently.

For port forwarding, there are usually anywhere from 5-6 points where a port block can occur. You will need to check all these locations to make sure that nothing is blocking. Also, make sure you are allowing incoming TCP/IP connections, not UDP.
* OS firewall (disable firewall or allow port)
* Third party firewall (disable firewall or allow port)
* Wireless access point (allow port or use wired connection)
* Router (allow port or plug directly into modem)
* Cable/DSL modem (allow port)
* ISP (call them up to make sure they do not block)

The most recent version of the software in testing uses UPnP to attempt to auto-configure the port forwarding, though it does not work for multi-level port blocking.

There are many other threads on this topic on the forum if you look for "port forwarding".

Cheers,
JPG