PDA

View Full Version : Realms of Cthulhu Extension

VenomousFiligree
September 3rd, 2010, 20:05
After requesting for more Derived Stats, I thought I'd give it a go myself.

So, here is the Realms of Cthulhu extension, a work in progress. Sizes and layout are all over the place at the moment, I'm trying to get everything working first. Combat Tracker next!

Doswelk
September 3rd, 2010, 20:38
Nice!

Can I have a play?

VenomousFiligree
September 3rd, 2010, 20:43
Nice!

Can I have a play?
Thanks.

Play as in...?

Mask_of_winter
September 3rd, 2010, 21:41
Nice work!

I love the bennies!

Blue Haven
September 3rd, 2010, 22:16
Amazing!! a must have for a Cthulhu lover like me :) very nice :)

VenomousFiligree
September 3rd, 2010, 22:32
The Bennies are a straight rip from the Reality Blurs Website. Maybe should reskin the whole sheet?

If Doug and Reality Blurs are happy, I'll post the finished extension on the wiki.

Combat Tracker done. Mini-tracker next and tidy up the Character sheet.

Mask_of_winter
September 3rd, 2010, 23:03
A custom skin would look awesome but the playability is supreme. Having Sanity, Madness and Corruption in there is essential to a Cthulhu game. A place for interests would be neat but it can be written down anywhere on the sheet and hotkeyed for modifiers.

Could Sanity be added to the mini-sheet you think?

VenomousFiligree
September 3rd, 2010, 23:18
Well spotted on the mini-sheet, yes Sanity should be on there :)

For defening interests, I thought the easiest workaround would be to have multiple entries for General Knowledge, with the Defining Interest added as a modify?

Blue Haven
September 4th, 2010, 01:03
A custom skin would look awesome but the playability is supreme. Having Sanity, Madness and Corruption in there is essential to a Cthulhu game. A place for interests would be neat but it can be written down anywhere on the sheet and hotkeyed for modifiers.

Could Sanity be added to the mini-sheet you think?

Following the thoughts of Mask about the new skin...that would be Great!!

VenomousFiligree
September 4th, 2010, 08:23
Nice image BH, however I'm sure there's copyright involved.

VenomousFiligree
September 4th, 2010, 13:16
The front of character sheet is looking like it's nearly finished... The background is not necessarily the final one, just wanted something to get away from the "sheaf of paper" look.

Should the Power Points go? I'll look and see how hard it is to change for a portrait.

Also not sure what to put in the gap under Attributes. I can't seem to change the vertical spacing between the Attribue names.

Blue Haven
September 4th, 2010, 13:50
Nice image BH, however I'm sure there's copyright involved.

But you guys made the CoC ruleset so i guess you have premisson right...? or not...? :( ohh i loved this one so much...it would look so cool on the chat window...

VenomousFiligree
September 4th, 2010, 15:17
Unfortunately having a license for CoC, doesn't mean you have a license for all Cthulhu artwork.

So I've managed to get a portrait on instead of the Power Points, it's a straight cut and paste from the Generic Ruleset extension.

Mask_of_winter
September 4th, 2010, 16:15
character sheet looks amazing Phil!

VenomousFiligree
September 4th, 2010, 16:58

Still fine tweaking things, though.

There was a bit of dead room on the mini-sheet, so the portrait's gone there as well!

Comments / Criticism appreciated! :)

Mask_of_winter
September 4th, 2010, 17:21
How about a way to track half Sanity points you get from skimming a book of lore for instance?

VenomousFiligree
September 4th, 2010, 18:10
Not sure what you mean, can you point me to a page in the book?

Doswelk
September 4th, 2010, 19:06
Thanks.

Play as in...?

Sorry was in a hurry when I typed this.

I meant could I play with the code...

i.e. could you send me the xml code (I'm so rusty on changing things this would be a grat help).

I understand there might be copyroght issue with the images so the code would be fine, want to hack it about for my modern horror game.

VenomousFiligree
September 4th, 2010, 19:33
No problem, pm me your emal and I'll forward it on.

Just finished both trackers bar some minor tweaking, NPCs next.

Mask_of_winter
September 4th, 2010, 20:50
Not sure what you mean, can you point me to a page in the book?

Nevermind, I meant when you get a +1 instead of die raise in Knowledge Mythos when skimming a book. The ruleset as is can easily handle. Sorry if I confused you hehe.

VenomousFiligree
September 4th, 2010, 20:58
No problem :)

Good news is whilst looking through the NPC sheet xml, I came accross a way to alter the vertical spacing on Attributes and Derived Stats. So back to the character sheet.

Edit:
And here it is

So, should the Race field be removed and the Rank field moved left, and then move everything up? Or replace Race with something else?

VenomousFiligree
September 5th, 2010, 00:16
With NPCs now complete, I believe all the mechanics are done? Just tidying up to do.

VenomousFiligree
September 5th, 2010, 00:56
Looking at the Weapons / Armour / Powers frames looks like there could be work done here, not just in the extension, but in the core ruleset as well.

Weapons frame: Range field too long?

Armour frame: Doesn't make full use of width, Protection and Weight fields too long?

Powers frame: Doesn't make full use of width, Range field too short? Replace Powers with Spells?

Any comments on fixes? Anyone up for more "modern" melee/ranged/thrown icons?

[linked to version 3 request thread]

Mask_of_winter
September 5th, 2010, 01:12
Perhaps split trappings/power in two... one field to name your power, the other to write down the name of the power from SWEX.

Other than that, personnally, I dont really mind fields being too long, unless it takes room for other info that might be useful.

VenomousFiligree
September 5th, 2010, 19:51
Good idea, most of the spells have quite distinct trappings so a seperate filed would be good.

I feel that some of the fields are too long at the expense of the others, so I'll have a tweak! :)

Vudo
November 18th, 2010, 05:56
sooo.... what's the status here? Is the add-on finished an can be downloaded somewhere? I would love to see this awesome work used .... :)

VenomousFiligree
November 19th, 2010, 11:02
Being used at the moment.... by me! :)

I'll strip out the Reality Blurs artwork and post it some time this weekend (hopefully :) )

Stitched
November 19th, 2010, 16:24
Can I ask how you added tabs to the PC sheet (Page 1 of this thread) ?

VenomousFiligree
November 19th, 2010, 16:39
The Weapons, Armour and Powers Tabs were already there. I was just tweaking them.

nethru
December 6th, 2010, 20:58
Is this available anywhere? Would love to use it for cthulhu game.

VenomousFiligree
December 7th, 2010, 06:57
Sorry for the delay! :)

Extension is attached (known issue - portrait is only on front page)

I've removed any Reality Blurs copyright images (waiting on approval)

phantomwhale
December 7th, 2010, 07:09
Awesome - thanks for sharing !

[edit] Looks really good. I guess one teething issue would be it's hard to use with some of the unofficial patches due to the way extensions work.

I guess if I got my rear into gear and got those into an official release, then we might be in a position to have our cake and eat it ! Bit of work for you too, of course, but it's all for the greater good ;)

VenomousFiligree
December 7th, 2010, 12:23
Awesome - thanks for sharing !

[edit] Looks really good. I guess one teething issue would be it's hard to use with some of the unofficial patches due to the way extensions work.

I guess if I got my rear into gear and got those into an official release, then we might be in a position to have our cake and eat it ! Bit of work for you too, of course, but it's all for the greater good ;)
All I know is I got it to work with what I use! If I didn't put the unofficial patches as a dependency, then the tracker got overridden. My coding knowledge is limited at best :)

scionofnyarlathotep
August 4th, 2011, 13:33
What is the status on the realms extension? I've downloaded it to my FG2 full licence but it is showing as a red cross and not an allowable option.

Is there a plan to wait until 3.2 is available before work is compleetd on it and it is made available again?

It would be such a shame to let all the work go to waste and my group would jump at the chance to play more Realms.

(RIP Chastity Holmes - killed by a Hound of Tindalos; RIP her twin sister Charity Holmes - killed in the vault of the Soul Sucking Shards; welcome Temperance Holmes, cousin to the twins)

RKBrumbelow
August 5th, 2011, 01:15
I know it is a Cthulu thread, but even a great one doesn't necro old threads. :cry:

Oranor
August 5th, 2011, 06:27
You can easily fix this by removing the dependency on the unofficial SW ruleset patches. This did the trick for me.

zackspacks
August 5th, 2011, 20:01
I know it is a Cthulu thread, but even a great one doesn't necro old threads. :cry:Mate - this is a SW thread, i.e. Realms of Cthulhu.

Thanks to Scion for raising this. Colour me interested, as there are a lot of other mods to the Savage Traits in RoC, and this would be really interesting.

cheers

RKBrumbelow
August 5th, 2011, 20:05
Yes and it was a thread that was 6 months from the previous post. So, replying is necro. What is your point?

zackspacks
August 5th, 2011, 20:32
Yes and it was a thread that was 6 months from the previous post. So, replying is necro. What is your point?My point is that Realms of Cthulhu is Savage Worlds, and I am with Scion on this one, I would like to know what is the situation regarding it, as I also play Realms of Cthulhu, and would like to know it's status. Is this allowed ?

RKBrumbelow
August 5th, 2011, 20:47
My point is that Realms of Cthulhu is Savage Worlds, and I am with Scion on this one, I would like to know what is the situation regarding it, as I also play Realms of Cthulhu, and would like to know it's status. Is this allowed ?

Then you either pm the author or start a new thread. Don't necro old threads.

VenomousFiligree
August 5th, 2011, 20:54
Don't necro old threads.
/me wonders who made RKB a mod...

As far as I'm aware there are no FG forum rules that forbid this....

I no longer frequent these forums much, however as phantomwhale went to the effort of making the extension workable under v3.1, i've uploaded it.

RKBrumbelow
August 5th, 2011, 21:02
/me wonders who made RKB a mod...

As far as I'm aware there are no FG forum rules that forbid this....

I no longer frequent these forums much, however as phantomwhale went to the effort of making the extension workable under v3.1, i've uploaded it.

Just because their is no rule not to do something does not make it right to do it as you well know.

You also well know attachments of extensions are of better service to the community when you put them on the wiki.

VenomousFiligree
August 5th, 2011, 21:53
Some forums prefer old threads being posted to, rather than new being created, why in the absence of specific FG forum guidelines should you dictate what is acceptable?

I cannot post to the wiki. On 17 December 2010 I PMed both drahkar and Oberoten that I was happy for this extension to be posted to the wiki, neither acknowledged and the extension never got posted.

scionofnyarlathotep
August 5th, 2011, 22:04
Some forums prefer old threads being posted to, rather than new being created, why in the absence of specific FG forum guidelines should you dictate what is acceptable?

I cannot post to the wiki. On 17 December 2010 I PMed both drahkar and Oberoten that I was happy for this extension to be posted to the wiki, neither acknowledged and the extension never got posted.

Thanks for the heads up and for being what I expect a fellow forum member would be - helpful; rather than being inflexible and unwelcoming as has been demonstrated elsewhere on this thread.

zackspacks
August 6th, 2011, 00:55
Thanks for the heads up and for being what I expect a fellow forum member would be - helpful; rather than being inflexible and unwelcoming as has been demonstrated elsewhere on this thread.Up until now I have found the folks to be very helpful and supportive on this forum. However, there is a certain irony that somebody posts saying stop 'necroing this' and is actually 'necroing' themselves. Maybe they should have PMed me, as per their original suggestion ? Bizarre.

Anyway, that's all trivial, as the whole point of this is to say 'many thanks' to Murgh Bprun for the information, you have brought clarity to the situation, and FWIW this mod is looking good mate. I also notice you are a member of the Furnace forum, will you be at Furnace this year ? I will be there for the 4th year running. If not, do you attend any other UK cons ? It would be good to meet up to discuss your FG2 mods over a beer, matey.

BTW this RoC one looks awesome:bandit:

cheers
Paul

scionofnyarlathotep
August 6th, 2011, 01:06
Up until now I have found the folks to be very helpful and supportive on this forum. However, there is a certain irony that somebody posts saying stop 'necroing this' and is actually 'necroing' themselves. Maybe they should have PMed me, as per their original suggestion ? Bizarre.

Anyway, that's all trivial, as the whole point of this is to say 'many thanks' to Murgh Bprun for the information, you have brought clarity to the situation, and FWIW this mod is looking good mate. I also notice you are a member of the Furnace forum, will you be at Furnace this year ? I will be there for the 4th year running. If not, do you attend any other UK cons ? It would be good to meet up to discuss your FG2 mods over a beer, matey.

cheers
Paul

Have to agree on the extension, it's looking good. I have set up a test campaign to see how it flows and to play with the tracker etc.

Cheers!

scionofnyarlathotep
August 6th, 2011, 01:16
Up until now I have found the folks to be very helpful and supportive on this forum. However, there is a certain irony that somebody posts saying stop 'necroing this' and is actually 'necroing' themselves. Maybe they should have PMed me, as per their original suggestion ? Bizarre.

cheers
Paul

Just read this again and picked up on the fact that you're going to Furnace and have been before. I'm going this year and how about I take you up on that offer of a beer? It would be good to crack heads together. You never know, it may even lead to some FG gaming together?

RKBrumbelow
August 6th, 2011, 04:16
However, there is a certain irony that somebody posts saying stop 'necroing this' and is actually 'necroing' themselves. Maybe they should have PMed me, as per their original suggestion ? Bizarre.

Please show me one instance of me necroing in this thread. Oh wait, you cannot. That tells me you either do not understand "necroposting", irony or both.

Unfortunately for some people I actually care enough to point out bad behaviour. unfortunately there also comes a point where I simply give up on trying with some individuals.

All of this discussion could have been avoided if scionofnyarlathotep had simply posted to a new thread. Instead everyone who participated in this year old thread has now been notified of thread activity for a thread that was dormant for 7-8 months. Also, any new readers have to wade through 4-5 pages of effectively unrelated posts.

I would ask who is the more concerned individual. The one who encourages bad behaviour or the one that tries to correct it. The question though becomes meaningless to some though it seems.

VenomousFiligree
August 6th, 2011, 08:06
Can someone please pass on my comments to RKB as he probably wont get them, having informed me that he has filtered me out.

I still have yet to see why it is bad behavior, it is not against any forum policy apart from what you perceive, when an admin or moderator warns me then I will observe their instructions.

Here is a thread with an admin participating (and not berating who you would perceive as the villain) in what you believe to be a Necro'd thread:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9942&page=3

Why are the posts unrelated, scionofnyarlathotep is participating in a discussion on the development of an extension, which is exactly what this thread is about? It has only been dragged off topic since you entered the thread...

zack and scion, to answer your questions, no I probably wont be going to Furnace, I'm from the South and it's a long haul, especially when I don't get to attend too many. I was lucky enough to get a lodge at Conception so will be going there in January.

zackspacks
August 6th, 2011, 08:47
@scion - yes, let's meet up to discuss FG2, sounds good to me mate !

@Murgh - shame, but understandable, as for similar reasons I don't attend Conception. Are you attending any of Con-Quest, Continuum, or Games Expo next year ?

Also, back to the topic, do you have any plans to add to this RoC extension, or are you awaiting Reality Blurs feedback

cheers
Paul

VenomousFiligree
August 6th, 2011, 08:50
zack, I'm having a break from FG at the moment. Trying to get anything out of Reality Blurs was a pain, so no I'm not progressing it further. The next version of SW (3.2) has an extensive CT rewrite, so it might not work with that version, sorry.

phantomwhale
August 6th, 2011, 09:07
I wrote to Reality Blurs a couple of times to ask them about an official extension, once when I was unaware of Murgh's extension and once when I was (and was thinking about prodding him to make it "official" - you know, which nice graphics and with a chance for the new Reality Blurs adventures to get published in FGII format). Alas, both times my mails got lost in the divide between gamer and gaming company, and I never got a reply.

v3.2 will, of course, break Realms of Cthulhu (don't hate the player, hate the quite rigid extension model and base ruleset code that is quite closed to simple extension). However last time I worked with Murgh to fix up the code (as posted above) and hopefully we can do the same for v3.2, if there are still interested players.

And if anyone can get the nod from Reality Blurs, I'm sure we could look at an "official" version of the mod. Sure, it'll cost cash, but with great purchasing (e.g. a few bucks) comes great support (e.g. someone will have to keep it up to date).

Glad someone bought up the Realms extension, as I was thinking about it with regard to v3.2. And as a counterpoint to RKs thoughts, I was happy it was added to the old thread, as it kept the discussion in one place and meant I got alerted to this update. So I like thread "necro-ing" when kept on-topic, but that's just my humble opinion.

zackspacks
August 7th, 2011, 10:24
Reason: If he's quit FGII over this (!) then no point trying to explain I think it is worth explaining, for new guys like myself. It is encouraging to see that the forum members don't encourage trolling, as they want to actually discuss FG2. So AFAIC, thanks for explaining.

Okay, back to your point re Reality Blurs/ROC for FG2, I will contact them also. It adds another voice to the campaign, and I will try and get some of the FG2 group I am a member of, to add their voices to this also.

Cheers
Paul

VenomousFiligree
March 22nd, 2013, 04:23
I've had requests for the extension so I've zipped it up and posted it here. I cant remember what is in it, so if it's violating any IPs admins please remove it. It's old so may need tweaking to work.

phantomwhale
March 22nd, 2013, 04:28
Necro thread !

Good share - it's fairly true to say this needs some work for SW 3.3 (it was written for 3.1) and would need a little more rework after the upcoming 3.4 release as well (as this adds in lots of front-end chrome / scrollbars etc..)

I have it on my "would like to..." list, but it's a long list :(

VenomousFiligree
March 22nd, 2013, 04:30
phantomwhale, feel free to turn undead!! ;)

scionofnyarlathotep
March 22nd, 2013, 18:24
Necro thread !

Good share - it's fairly true to say this needs some work for SW 3.3 (it was written for 3.1) and would need a little more rework after the upcoming 3.4 release as well (as this adds in lots of front-end chrome / scrollbars etc..)

I have it on my "would like to..." list, but it's a long list :(

Go on, you know you want to :)

zackspacks
March 22nd, 2013, 18:28
Go on, you know you want to :)+1 to that!

S Ferguson
March 23rd, 2013, 21:44
Write code. You want to write code...:D

nethru
March 24th, 2013, 01:08
I made changes to the RoC extension using some of Ikael's files. I run it with Ikaels extension and works nice.

How do I attach file here?

CounterpartJack
March 24th, 2013, 14:20
When you compose a message in the editor, there's a paper-clip Icon (next to the emote :) menu).

Thanks for uploading, I'll be among the first to use the extension (I'll send feedback, too).

I made changes to the RoC extension using some of Ikael's files. I run it with Ikaels extension and works nice.

How do I attach file here?

nethru
March 24th, 2013, 14:39
Thanks. Here is the file. Let me know if you have any issues. Thanks go to original creator and Ikael i just tweaked it up to work with 3.3.

the combat tracker wasn't changed just the main functions to allow madness to be a penalty and added them to the derived stats (corruption/sanity).

CounterpartJack
March 24th, 2013, 16:47
Thanks for uploading. I expect to run a CoC game, with the Modiphius-published "Three Kings" module (SW version). I have received written permission from the editor to use the material in a module for my players (but not to distribute it). I'll use your extension to test it. Let me know by PM if you're interested.

CJ

Thanks. Here is the file. Let me know if you have any issues. Thanks go to original creator and Ikael i just tweaked it up to work with 3.3.

the combat tracker wasn't changed just the main functions to allow madness to be a penalty and added them to the derived stats (corruption/sanity).

Ikael
March 27th, 2013, 19:01
Just to let you know that there is also SWFI version of ROC extension on the way: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=145825&postcount=41 teasing... teasing :S

nethru
March 27th, 2013, 19:16
When is 3.4 coming out so we can use it? :)

Ikael
April 2nd, 2013, 00:40
Good question. When phantomwhale is done :)

phantomwhale
April 2nd, 2013, 01:13
Integrating all of the SWFI stuff might take a little while - it's coming, but think months, not weeks.

Might active shave off a few features if this brings the development time down - in that case, I'm sure Ikael will leave them in a 3.4 compatible extension for the power users amongst you :)

Ikael
April 2nd, 2013, 10:09
Integrating all of the SWFI stuff might take a little while - it's coming, but think months, not weeks.

Might active shave off a few features if this brings the development time down - in that case, I'm sure Ikael will leave them in a 3.4 compatible extension for the power users amongst you :)

Don't worry I am not pushing anymore feature/pull requests to you :) And if you would like to skip some features I would recommend skipping Pull Requests #5-7 (PC Portaits: Bennies, Power Points, Wounds, Derive Stats; Calendar; Library Enhancements). These move nicely along with the extension as is. But I would recommend at least to review and check the Pull Requrst #8: Dynamic Stats because it's more harder to make it compatible with other extension if it's kept in SWFI extension.

Ikael
July 21st, 2013, 22:24
Here is RoC extension for SW v3.4 ruleset. This extension adds new derived stats and damage types into ruleset.

S Ferguson
July 23rd, 2013, 02:38
I hope this is well automatized. :)

SF

sakmerlin37
July 23rd, 2013, 05:56
Here is RoC extension for SW v3.4 ruleset. This extension adds new derived stats and damage types into ruleset.

Thank you, Ikael! I'm working on the SW Realms of Cthulhu Players & GM Guides and this helps a ton.

VenomousFiligree
August 13th, 2013, 10:45
Thank you, Ikael! I'm working on the SW Realms of Cthulhu Players & GM Guides and this helps a ton.

Hi sakmerlin, are these going to be official releases or just personal use?

punisher5150
September 20th, 2013, 06:58
Curious if this is going to be available to the general public? I am very interested in this. As soon as my group finishes their current fantasy campaign we are going to start pulp-horror RoC campaign.

Flathwrak the Usurper
October 10th, 2013, 16:23
Curious if this is going to be available to the general public? I am very interested in this. As soon as my group finishes their current fantasy campaign we are going to start pulp-horror RoC campaign.

It is available, check the page 7 of this thread. I just installed it and it looks great...

Ikael
October 10th, 2013, 19:56

If you mean the extension? You can find it from here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?13133-Realms-of-Cthulhu-Extension&p=152740&viewfull=1#post152740).

punisher5150
September 9th, 2018, 15:55
Does the extension currently work with the new updates to Savage Worlds ruleset (4.7?)

Flathwrak the Usurper
September 10th, 2018, 15:07
I could kiss you guys... <3

Ikael
September 10th, 2018, 21:26
Does the extension currently work with the new updates to Savage Worlds ruleset (4.7?)

If you use this version, then yes: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38569-Ikael-s-miscellaneous-extensions&p=340308&viewfull=1#post340308

deepdivered
July 21st, 2020, 01:29
If you use this version, then yes: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38569-Ikael-s-miscellaneous-extensions&p=340308&viewfull=1#post340308

i can see his theme options are not included in your version. is anything else missing?

sakmerlin37
June 1st, 2023, 07:10
Hi sakmerlin, are these going to be official releases or just personal use?

I know this *might* be considered an extreme necro, but I'm just returning and I may reach out to Reality Blurs and see if they would be open to this being released for FG. I'm going through the entire process again, for personal use; it would be a shame if I couldn't share that. I'd be willing to release my work to them, royalty free, so that their wonderful work could be included as an official FG module.

Unless, this has already been done and I'd be happy to buy it!