PDA

View Full Version : WFB or WFRP 1st edition

Blue Haven
September 3rd, 2010, 13:23
Hi :)
I want to know if anyone made a ruleset or made some mods that allow you to play warhammer fantasy battles in FG and of course a ruleset for the long last 1st edition of WFRP...i remember Obe did something on this but i didnt see anymore stuff...so any news...?
Thanks

Belizan
September 17th, 2010, 14:06
I believe there is at least one wfrp ruleset running around which should work for 1st or 2nd edition. There used to be an fg wfrp yahoo group. Not sure if it's still active.

drahkar
September 17th, 2010, 14:37
If anyone finds this Ruleset, let me know and I'll stick it up on FGWiki.

Blue Haven
September 18th, 2010, 11:07
I believe there is at least one wfrp ruleset running around which should work for 1st or 2nd edition. There used to be an fg wfrp yahoo group. Not sure if it's still active.

No friend :( that ruleset only work for 2nd edition the 1st edition is kind of...very diferent...

Belizan
September 18th, 2010, 17:06
It's been a few years since I've looked at that ruleset. Why couldn't you use it for 1st edition WFRP?

Blue Haven
September 18th, 2010, 22:28
It's been a few years since I've looked at that ruleset. Why couldn't you use it for 1st edition WFRP?

The stats are diferent and some other things...do you know 1st edition...?
Well you can use it if you want...but i guess a ruleset only and with things of 1st edition will makes the game more fun ;)

I have given the idea to build a ruleset like the one used on WoD where you can change the extentions for the game you want like for 1st for 2nd and 3rd edition Wfrp and for Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader...a pack with all the warhammer stuff...a warhammer maniac would love this!! :D

Belizan
September 23rd, 2010, 08:26
WFRP used the same stats between first and second edition I thought? Just changed the increments from +10s to +5s....

Oberoten
September 23rd, 2010, 10:06
WHFRP1 Stats :

M WS BS S T W I A Dex Ld Int Cl Wp Fel

WHFRP2 stats :

WS BS S T AG Int Wp Fel
A W Sb Tb M Mag Ip Fp

Where Sb Tb are just S and T divided by 10.

Blue Haven
September 23rd, 2010, 13:29
Thank you friend :)

terrell
September 23rd, 2010, 15:52
Where Sb Tb are just S and T divided by 10.

Not divided by 10, but the tens digit of the attribute. Strength of 49 still results in a SB of 4 rather 4.9 which most folks round up to 5.

There are a couple of good conversions for going from 1st edition to 2nd edition out on the web. I use for some of the older spells and elementals that I find missing in the 2nd edition. You should be able to use one of them to convert 2nd to 1st and rename stuff in the XML on the charsheet.

Terrell

Oberoten
September 23rd, 2010, 18:55
I have to admitt though that ... I hate 2nd ed with a passion. It just lacks the charm of WHFRPG 1.

Milage Might Differ I suppose.

- Obe

Deadmike
October 21st, 2010, 18:29
Then you must just love V.3! :-)

Blue Haven
October 21st, 2010, 23:00
V3...?? his that a RPG...? hum i don´t think so...but ok its like Wotc with 128th edition on the way...they just destroy the game and want to suck money from gamers...but nevermind...i just freakout when someone talks about 3rd edition...RIP Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay...

Deadmike
November 4th, 2010, 22:23
V3...?? his that a RPG...? hum i donīt think so...but ok its like Wotc with 128th edition on the way...they just destroy the game and want to suck money from gamers...but nevermind...i just freakout when someone talks about 3rd edition...RIP Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay...

I agree. They destroyed the game. They should have at least finished WFRP II before moving on. I realise a different company took over, but they could have continued to put out the books for version 2 while working on that thing they call V.3.

Blue Haven
November 5th, 2010, 14:31
Yeah but the problem why they didn´t do a **** with 2nd edition was that they only see money...they only sold one book...all the other 2 (LOLOL 3 books in all that time) were a copy of old books that BI have sold a long time ago...all the rest were fans just like me and you that made books not those assholes...

Deadmike
November 10th, 2010, 00:52
Yeah, my favorite one is the Career Compendium. Photo copies out of other books. Couldn't be bothered to update any of the careers, so if you want to know what careers you can go into you have to search through the whole damn book. Not much different from searching through the other books. Waste of friggen money, greedy bastards. Obviously do not care about the fans of the game at all.