PDA

View Full Version : Can I Import Character Builder files into Fantasy Grounds?

JeffreyT
August 28th, 2010, 16:49
Hello Everyone,

I am new DM to Fantasy Grounds, and I was wondering if there was a way that I can import files built by the ddi Character Builder (dnd4e files) into Fantasy Grounds? I'm hoping there is a tool for this, but searching the forums, I didn't find anything.

- Jeffrey

Stitched
August 28th, 2010, 17:04
There was an old tool called FG2 Campaign Builder that allowed you to import DDI characters. Not sure what the status is but I have a few characters built using that tool.

Hello Everyone,

I am new DM to Fantasy Grounds, and I was wondering if there was a way that I can import files built by the ddi Character Builder (dnd4e files) into Fantasy Grounds? I'm hoping there is a tool for this, but searching the forums, I didn't find anything.

- Jeffrey

Zeus
August 28th, 2010, 18:41
Whilst Stitch is correct, in that my FGII Campaign Manager tool allows you to import/export characters including importing DDI CB chararacters, you may want to check out EugeneZ's tool here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11239) instead of using the Campaign Manager tool. EugeneZ's new tool is more up to date and also allows your imported characters powers to be linked to proper 4E powers from your modules.

Note: You still need to have a set of modules with all the powers. For module making you might want to check out Tenian's 4EParser (https://tenian.eugenez.net/Parser) tool.

JeffreyT
August 29th, 2010, 04:40
I just wanted to say thank you to both Stitched and DrZeuss for your help. I am still pretty new to Fantasy Grounds and I appreciate all the help I can get. I've just downloaded the 4EParser now, and I'm going to play around with it and try to get a handle on importing data from ddi.

Thanks again,

- Jeffrey

Zeus
August 29th, 2010, 08:38
No problem Jeffrey - welcome to the FGII community. :)

Nilaihah
September 1st, 2010, 10:40
Now that I finished helping transcribe three characters from DDI CB manually into FG I feel a bit silly! :D

You guys are really amazing though. Thanks for sharing these tools.

jaqknife
September 1st, 2010, 23:04
anybody know how to do this because when I used it last it pretty much wiped all the characters I already had on the server.

Edit: I did manage for it to make a character but all of the stats were blank. Including name and everything.