PDA

View Full Version : Version 3.1 Requests

VenomousFiligree
August 27th, 2010, 16:08
I see in this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=80392&postcount=2) that the developer for v3.1 has changed from asilva to PhantomWhale, which is good news imo, as PW has a proven track record that we have seen (not saying asilva wouldn't produce the results, however as far as I'm aware he doesn't even have a logon).

Anyway back on topic.

Many settings have extra derived stats, could one or more blank lines be included in the Derived Stats pane?

Reality Blurs has added a nice touch (imo) to the core rules with Defining Interests, could these be included?

Phil

VenomousFiligree
August 29th, 2010, 21:45
Many settings have extra derived stats, could one or more blank lines be included in the Derived Stats pane?
So I thought I'd give this a try myself. I managed to move up and reduce the space between the base and modified boxes, but could I reduce the space between the titles? No!! Tried everything, I could offset left and right, but nothing I tried would offset up or down! :confused:

Mask_of_winter
August 29th, 2010, 21:57
That would be a nice addition Phil. Unfortunately I can't help you with the coding.

I thought I'd use this thread to suggest a couple improvements to the ruleset though. If you don't mind.

I think it would be useful to have improved windows for Personalities. Somewhere I could track down ammo (just like on the mini sheet of pcs). And oh, I dont know about you guys but everytime I want to add a skill entry to a personality sheet I have to "create item" twice for the line to appear. Later on, when I open it back up, there's an extra line. Same goes with Damage and Notes.

Also, it would be neat if I could deal myself a card without the players being to see it. Forgive me if there's a way to do that already and I missed it.

In the weapons tab of the main sheet, I'd like to see a way to modify the Shooting or Fighting roll. For instance, I have trademark weapon or my weapon is magical and offers a +1 to hit.

That's all I can think of right now.

Long live Savage Worlds!

VenomousFiligree
August 29th, 2010, 22:18
That would be a nice addition Phil. Unfortunately I can't help you with the coding. Yeah my coding abilities is "hmm that apperas to work like..." *cuts and pastes*

I thought I'd use this thread to suggest a couple improvements to the ruleset though. If you don't mind.Exactly what the thread is for! :)

I think it would be useful to have improved windows for Personalities. Somewhere I could track down ammo (just like on the mini sheet of pcs).Yep, gets my vote!

And oh, I dont know about you guys but everytime I want to add a skill entry to a personality sheet I have to "create item" twice for the line to appear. Later on, when I open it back up, there's an extra line. Same goes with Damage and Notes.Skills on a Personality sheet works first time with me, not sure what you mean with the Damage and Notes.

Also, it would be neat if I could deal myself a card without the players being to see it. Forgive me if there's a way to do that already and I missed it.Not that I know of.

In the weapons tab of the main sheet, I'd like to see a way to modify the Shooting or Fighting roll. For instance, I have trademark weapon or my weapon is magical and offers a +1 to hit.That would be good, at the moment I make a seperate Skill with a bonus.

Long live Savage Worlds!
Yes indeed!! :D

phantomwhale
August 30th, 2010, 00:39
Haven't spoken with Doug about officially taking on SW 3.1 ruleset, but once I've got the Deadlands extension nailed, I should be familiar enough with it all to iron out some kinks and put new features into place.

I think now is a good time to discuss wish lists of features for SW though, will try and think of a few of my own ! (Although Deadlands support is and always has been #1 for me !)

Mask_of_winter
August 30th, 2010, 03:14
As it should Phantomwhale!

I'm looking forward to see what you've done with it.

Just curious, any chance you've incorporated better card dealing support for the DL:R extension? With the gambling rules and the Dealing with Devil feature of the huckster, I feel dealing 10 cards to him is a minor annoyance. Or perhaps we should use a different app (such a yahoo) when it's time to play poker. The GM can't deal cards without the players seeing its hand, vice versa for the players. It would be neat to have that.

phantomwhale
August 30th, 2010, 10:25
As it should Phantomwhale!

I'm looking forward to see what you've done with it.

Just curious, any chance you've incorporated better card dealing support for the DL:R extension? With the gambling rules and the Dealing with Devil feature of the huckster, I feel dealing 10 cards to him is a minor annoyance. Or perhaps we should use a different app (such a yahoo) when it's time to play poker. The GM can't deal cards without the players seeing its hand, vice versa for the players. It would be neat to have that.

Haven't looked into card dealing yet, but certainly wanted to provide improved support for dealing with the devil type activities - and naturally the new gambling rules would benefit from this too.

Will put together a list of activities I've catered for in the new ruleset once it's looking "sort of done", and post it on the forums to solicit ideas for features or user activities I might have missed.

Still working through the modules at the moment. 320 pages turns into a lot of XML code at the end of it all !

Mask_of_winter
August 30th, 2010, 23:02
I'd like a new and improved mini sheet

Doswelk
August 31st, 2010, 01:50
The wound modifier button on the combat tracker for NPCs (like the mini-sheet one) would be my biggie.

Also benny pool for GM (to keep track of how many he has left).

Would be my two requests.

Mask_of_winter
August 31st, 2010, 02:17
The wound modifier button on the combat tracker for NPCs (like the mini-sheet one) would be my biggie.

Also benny pool for GM (to keep track of how many he has left).

Would be mine to requests.

I'll second those!

Doswelk
September 1st, 2010, 14:40
Ooh one more..

An option for NPCs and PCs to change their wild die for a specific skill or trait.

Keep finding monsters in Hellfrost that roll a d8 or d10 for a skill or have the Master Edge.

phantomwhale
September 1st, 2010, 22:16
Oh, I like that. Think I know how to do it too :)

Mask_of_winter
September 1st, 2010, 23:16
I'd like to be able to hide NPC's from the tracker. Just when I've set up an ambush for them, I can hear a "guys, looks like there's 12 of them!"

I know I could add them up later but populating a tracker and map takes some time. Once an encounter has started, you want to get down to it if you know what I mean.

Indarien
September 2nd, 2010, 00:38
I think it would be useful to have improved windows for Personalities. Somewhere I could track down ammo (just like on the mini sheet of pcs). And oh, I dont know about you guys but everytime I want to add a skill entry to a personality sheet I have to "create item" twice for the line to appear. Later on, when I open it back up, there's an extra line. Same goes with Damage and Notes.

I second Mask of Winter's requests here.

For the specific quoted section above, I used to run into the problem with skills/etc when creating personalities. These are the two workarounds I have found for it:

(1) Create a new personality, name it, close the window, open it back up. Kind of a pain, but it works.
(2) Less painful solution - if you drag the skills from the Player Guide on to the personality sheet (instead of manually creating them) the problem never happens (for me).

And Long Live Savage Worlds! :D

Mask_of_winter
September 2nd, 2010, 00:48
Thanks for the tips Indarien!

I just tried them out and it works.

Tristram
September 2nd, 2010, 02:12
I'd like to be able to change the wild die for specific skills and traits as well. It would make TAG's cyberpunk rules easier to use.

Doswelk
September 2nd, 2010, 08:39
I second Mask of Winter's requests here.

For the specific quoted section above, I used to run into the problem with skills/etc when creating personalities. These are the two workarounds I have found for it:

(1) Create a new personality, name it, close the window, open it back up. Kind of a pain, but it works.
(2) Less painful solution - if you drag the skills from the Player Guide on to the personality sheet (instead of manually creating them) the problem never happens (for me).

And Long Live Savage Worlds! :D

:mad: I was going to post that solution :p:p:p:p - It was going to be next video as well :o

I have not found a way around having to close/re-open the NPC to add special abilities at the bottom though.

Doswelk
September 2nd, 2010, 08:42
Combat Tracker:

1) Add the button (like the 4e set has) that open all the "sword"/"shield" entries for each object on the tracker.

2) Make the 'v'/'n'/'u' option easier to change (may be a drop down?)

VenomousFiligree
September 2nd, 2010, 09:09
:mad: I was going to post that solution :p:p:p:p - It was going to be next video as well :o

I have not found a way around having to close/re-open the NPC to add special abilities at the bottom though.
Not sure what you guys are talking about!? I can create a new personality and create or drag and drop skills and special abilities straight away :confused:

phantomwhale
September 2nd, 2010, 13:53
Not sure what you guys are talking about!? I can create a new personality and create or drag and drop skills and special abilities straight away :confused:

Had a quick play with this today, all I could note is that if you :

(a) open a new personality
(b) right click in the skills or special powers area, and select "Add item"

Then nothing happens. However.... the current workaround is to :

(c) right click in the skills or special powers area, and select "Add item" AGAIN

From now on, it seems to work properly. So it's just the first "add item" that's getting lost. If you close the window, it probably saves the record to the DB, which might be why that "fixes" the problem.

Anyway, if someone can confirm that this is the problem you are seeing, then I'm sure it's an easy fix. Might even be an easy quick patch, if I (or someone else) gets time.

Doswelk
September 2nd, 2010, 14:31
That's the issue!

VenomousFiligree
September 2nd, 2010, 18:05
That's the issue!
Ok, agree with that! :)

VenomousFiligree
September 2nd, 2010, 18:06
Something that I think would be of benefit (and is within my skills, so will do it if you want), is to change the Monstorous Abilities into Edges / Hindrances.

Mask_of_winter
September 2nd, 2010, 21:27

(c) right click in the skills or special powers area, and select "Add item" AGAIN

From now on, it seems to work properly. So it's just the first "add item" that's getting lost. If you close the window, it probably saves the record to the DB, which might be why that "fixes" the problem.

Anyway, if someone can confirm that this is the problem you are seeing, then I'm sure it's an easy fix. Might even be an easy quick patch, if I (or someone else) gets time.

Yes, that's the problem I was referring to. That you always have to select "add item" again. Once you've done that then every new entry works fine.

Blue Haven
September 2nd, 2010, 23:47
Just a small question this new update will be free or you have to pay to get it...? because i have the last SW ruleset but as DA went down i didn´t get anymore updates so i´m a little confused on this...
Thanks

Mask_of_winter
September 3rd, 2010, 00:39
Just a small question this new update will be free or you have to pay to get it...? because i have the last SW ruleset but as DA went down i didnīt get anymore updates so iīm a little confused on this...
Thanks

There havent been any official updates since v.3. Some unofficial updates (they work flawlessly) have been released on this forum.

The update we're speaking off here is more of a wishlist at this point. It hasnt been started by anyone yet.

So if you believe some things need to be fixed or you have ideas on how to make the SW ruleset better, here's where to do that.

As for as paying for an eventual update, I do not know. However, I remember the upgrade from v2 to v3 being free. So hopefully, Smite Works plans on keeping things the same way.

I hope that answers your question.

Blue Haven
September 3rd, 2010, 12:36
Yes :) thanks friend that helped, i was just a bit confused ;)

VenomousFiligree
September 4th, 2010, 08:41
Some minor annoyances

If the Skill name is too long it will not allow you to select the dice of the skill to the right.

You can "cheat" by selecting a (trait) dice repeatedly until it is "held" with a number uppermost that you require. If you then release it in the chatwindow 9 (10?) times out of 10, it will land on that number. This should, however, be noticed by a smart GM. Other rulesets have tweaked the dice rolls so that however the dice is place in the chatwindow, it goes scooting accross.

Edit:
The other rulesets have got a lot better Item support, would be good to get that in SW too.

Edit 2:
This post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=96533&postcount=23) has details on weapons/armour/powers frame issues.

Ikael
September 6th, 2010, 18:44

I couldn't help myself dealing with this irritating issue (smallest ones are always the worst). I quess there is something wicked when you use the <allowcreate/> tag on windowlists that has other windowlists inside it. To solve this issue I removed the <allowcreate/> tag from "skills" windowlist in adventure_npc.xml and added few lines of code to <script> tag:

function onInit()
registerMenuItem("New Skill", "insert", 5);
end
function onMenuSelection(item)
if item == 5 then
createWindow();
end
end

You can also use this solution to fix the first missing special list entry as well (in "specialabs" windowlist of the same file). However you might want to change the "New Skill" label to something else

phantomwhale
September 6th, 2010, 22:02
I couldn't help myself dealing with this irritating issue (smallest ones are always the worst). I quess there is something wicked when you use the <allowcreate/> tag on windowlists that has other windowlists inside it. To solve this issue I removed the <allowcreate/> tag from "skills" windowlist in adventure_npc.xml and added few lines of code to <script> tag:

function onInit()
registerMenuItem("New Skill", "insert", 5);
end
function onMenuSelection(item)
if item == 5 then
createWindow();
end
end

You can also use this solution to fix the first missing special list entry as well (in "specialabs" windowlist of the same file). However you might want to change the "New Skill" label to something else

I couldn't help having a fiddle about with this too, to get it into the patches extension. What I came up with was arguably more effort, but gets rid of the function that was causing the core problem.

What I noted was that the <allowcreate /> tag was working fine, but what seemed messed up was an internal onListRearrange() function that was there to ensure the NPC always has at least one blank skill. Not sure why, but the window it created didn't seem to get recognised properly, so the next createWindow() call simply didn't behave properly. Plus this function is getting called up to 8 times per add / delete, when it only needs to be checked once.

However, moving that into the onInit() function seemed to make it work properly, the only problem then being is you needed an equivalent handler for if someone deletes the last skill, for which I had to add some scripting into the actual npc_skillentry object itself.

So in summary I did this :

# In the skills windowlist

<script>
function onInit()
if #getWindows() == 0 then
createWindow();
end
end
(removed the onListRearrange() function)

# In the npc_skillenty windowclass

<script>
function delete()
if #windowlist.getWindows() == 1 then
windowlist.createWindow();
end
end

function onInit()
getDatabaseNode().onDelete = delete
end
</script>

I'm going to copy this forward to the other windowlists and put it into the patches extension.

Thanks for the work Ikael ! Like you say, it's these small things which end up being the most irritating...

Ikael
September 8th, 2010, 12:17
Just found out that PC entries in combattracker are causing recursive function callbacks (wounds, shaken and inc windows to be more specific). This is only minor issue but is easily fixable with following solution:

in template_ctcheckbox.lua replace the onLinkUpdate function with following:

locked = false;
function onLinkUpdated(source)
if not locked then
locked = true;
setState(source.getValue());
locked = false;
end
end

this will simply ignore recursive callbacks. This handles two of the three recursive callbacks, the wounds one can be handeled similarly but editing the
<numberfield name="wounds"> window's onLinkUpdated function in utility_combattracker.xml file.

Ikael
September 8th, 2010, 12:28
blah, but of course each of those three fields also have the onValueChanged function which also invokes the recursive callback. Those should also be fixed simlarly by wrapping the content of onValueChanged function with the locked check:

function onValueChanged()
if linknode then
if not locked then
locked = true;
linknode.setValue(getValue());
locked = false;
end
end
end

phantomwhale
September 8th, 2010, 13:35
Out of interest (as I'm not near my laptop) what sort of effect does this callback function have on the existing ruleset ? (e.g. how does it manifest, if at all ?)

Ikael
September 8th, 2010, 14:00
The recursive callback (or just invocation) occurs when you hace two or more different nodes that has declared onUpdate to each other. In this case the onUpdate functions crossfire each other. When one node updates the other catches the update call and perform update call again to the first node and eternal recursive loop of onUpdate calls is created is formed. However I believe the current FG engine handels the such recursive loops but simply stopping the callqueue and that why this issue is only minor one. However, you get irritating note on your console about it each time it occurs and according to Murphy's law it will break something in the future ;)

phantomwhale
September 8th, 2010, 19:25
However, you get irritating note on your console about it each time it occurs and according to Murphy's law it will break something in the future ;)

Ah yeah, I see this once I bring the console up. Assume there are no "race conditons" with the code above (not sure about FG's threading / event driven model yet) ?

I actually also spotted that the shaken / incapacitated commands in the combat tracker when turned from off to on doesn't update the PC char sheet or mini tracker too.

Another small fix for the next version, methinks

VenomousFiligree
October 9th, 2010, 11:31
A minor annoyance. As the GM, when making a roll from an NPC sheet the NPCs name is added, so you get either of the results as shown in the attached image. Other rulesets don't have this. Would be nice to get rid of it imo.

Edit:
I'd also like the ability to have the "ctrl" lock for editing sheets.

phantomwhale
October 27th, 2010, 14:40
Quick note to say I've captured all the points raised for Savage Worlds improvements on a personal bug tracker. Here is a quick export of what I have so far, in case people want to check their point has been captured, or see what else has been uncovered.

Category Title
(Feature) Improved mini-sheet [link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=96181&postcount=8)]
(Feature) Wound modifier on Combat Tracker for NPCs [link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=96186&postcount=9)]
(Feature) Benny Pool for GM [link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=96186&postcount=9)]
(Feature) Option for PCs and NPCs to change wild die for specific skill or attribute [link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=96287&postcount=11)]
(Feature) Option to hide NPCs on Combat Tracker [link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=96304&postcount=13)]
(Feature) Add button to open all sword/shield entires on Combat Tracker [link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=96334&postcount=18)]
(Feature) Make v/n/u option easier to change in Combat Tracker [link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=96334&postcount=18)]
(Feature) Fold in all unofficial patches changes [link ("]link[/URL]]
(Bug) Lengthy skill name prevents selection of skill dice to the RHS of it [
(Bug) Prevent dice roll "cheating" on Chat log [link ("]link]
(Feature) Better Item Support [[URL="https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=96471&postcount=28)]
(Feature) Adjust use of space in the Weapons / Armor / Powers frames [link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=96533&postcount=23)]
(Bug) Remove recursive callback from PC combat tracker entries [link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=96719&postcount=31 https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=96719&postcount=31)]
(Bug) Shaken / Inc commands in Combat tracker not updated on Char Sheet / Mini tracker [link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=96749&postcount=35)]
(Bug) Remove NPC name from dice rolls in Chat Log [link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=98511&postcount=36)]
(Feature) Ability to have the "ctrl" key lock for editing sheets [link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=98511&postcount=36)]
(Feature) Add Dice Tower for "GM only" dice rolls [link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12573)]
(Feature) Improve Card handling [link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11241)]
(Feature) Improved Items [link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13154)]
(Feature) Create modifiers extension / module ? [link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12107)]

Please keep new bugs / feature ideas coming, either here or PM them to me, etc...

VenomousFiligree
October 27th, 2010, 15:02
Drag and drop Weapons and Armour would be nice. :)

Mask_of_winter
October 27th, 2010, 20:37
Drag and drop Weapons and Armour would be nice. :)

Wouldnt that involve recoding already published library module also?

VenomousFiligree
October 27th, 2010, 20:53
Wouldnt that involve recoding already published library module also?
Or having a separate Weapons and Armour module.

However if the coding is put in place I'll be more than happy to update the Players Guide :)

Mask_of_winter
October 27th, 2010, 22:48
[Feature] Addition of the option to apply modifiers to Weapon entries by right-clicking on the hammer, arrow or dart icon.

VenomousFiligree
October 28th, 2010, 06:47
[Feature] Addition of the option to apply modifiers to Weapon entries by right-clicking on the hammer, arrow or dart icon.
Yes, our group was only talking about that the other day! As well if I remember correctly, if your shooting skill has +1, that +1 isn't recognised when you roll from the weapons pane.

Mask_of_winter
October 28th, 2010, 14:34
That (Trademark weapon) and magical weapons yes.

phantomwhale
November 7th, 2010, 22:06
Some minor annoyances

If the Skill name is too long it will not allow you to select the dice of the skill to the right.

Have fixed this for both Player and NPC sheets, after a little help in the support forum (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13622). Will add it into the unofficial patches now.

VenomousFiligree
December 7th, 2010, 19:51
Have fixed this for both Player and NPC sheets, after a little help in the support forum (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13622). Will add it into the unofficial patches now.
Good to hear! :)

Another one for the list:

Dockable mini sheets.

nethru
December 8th, 2010, 11:20
Not sure if this has been requested yet but if say if your shooting or fighting skill has a bonus like +2 or whatever for a specific weapon type like flamethrowers would be nice to have that auto added in the weapons section just like we do in the skills section.

phantomwhale
December 8th, 2010, 11:33
Not sure if this has been requested yet but if say if your shooting or fighting skill has a bonus like +2 or whatever for a specific weapon type like flamethrowers would be nice to have that auto added in the weapons section just like we do in the skills section.

I have a note about "Trademark weapon" giving a +1 with a certain weapon. So something on the weapons pane where you could set a bonus to skill rolls (along with a text description for the bonus, done on a per weapon basis, would seem to satisfy both that edge specifically as well as your request more generally ?

nethru
December 9th, 2010, 00:46
i'm confused. I don't see anywhere to create custom trademark weapons.

Mask_of_winter
December 9th, 2010, 01:46
What he meant is that I already suggested that in this thread and he took note of it and will work on it when he's done with the Deadlands extension.

phantomwhale
December 10th, 2010, 01:32
Yes that's right, it's just a "todo" item right now (thanks M_o_w! )

Anyway - thought from myself here - wanted to run in by others:

Currently, when you roll a die + wild die, you see the best roll only, with the shadow of the die that supplied it. You also get told if the trait roll was a natural 1.

However, when you pick up a die + wild die, and right-click to add more dice (e.g. from casting off 3 bolts, or using the frenzy edge) then it reports all the dice rolls individually. For example, after rolling 3 dice + wild die for bolt, you might see :

Spellcasting [1] : 6
Spellcasting [2] : 5
Spellcasting [3] : 2
Spellcasting [4] : 8

Already I can see one problem with this - in the case of a d6 skill, how do I know which is the wild die (or the non-wild die, if looking for spellcaster backfire in this case) ? Technically, it's the 2nd dice roll (try it with a non-d6 and you'll see this) but you could always house rule that.

But what I was pondering was would anyone ever care about seeing all the four dice separatly, or would it not be sufficient to automatically replace the lowest roll with the wild die (assuming the wild die is higher than at least one of the rolls) and simply display the three overall results. On top of this, you could also re-introduce the "trait rolls was a natural 1" to all rolls, to make sure this is clear again.

Can anyone think of a scenario where you'd prefer to see all four rolls separately for a trait ? (bearing in mind we are only talking about mutliple trait dice here, e.g. ones with a wild die involved).

VenomousFiligree
December 11th, 2010, 10:20
But what I was pondering was would anyone ever care about seeing all the four dice separatly, or would it not be sufficient to automatically replace the lowest roll with the wild die (assuming the wild die is higher than at least one of the rolls) and simply display the three overall results. On top of this, you could also re-introduce the "trait rolls was a natural 1" to all rolls, to make sure this is clear again.

The above would be OK for me.

I would also like the method for rolling changed, as I can't have the left button depressed and then click the right.

phantomwhale
December 11th, 2010, 10:29
The above would be OK for me.

I would also like the method for rolling changed, as I can't have the left button depressed and then click the right.

Dare I ask why ? FGII doesn't work on weird one-button Apple things, so I'm intrigued what setup doesn't allow this ?

Equally, open to other ideas on how else multiple dice skills could be activated in the interface ?

I guess a radial menu option could allow you to pickup 2 or 3 dice (rarely need more) along with the wild die of course. After which it could be dropped on a hotkey, as selecting dice via radial menus everytime would get tedious...

VenomousFiligree
December 11th, 2010, 11:20
My mouse is an apple magic mouse.... :(

GraytDane
January 7th, 2011, 05:12
I would love to have the grid functionality of 4E - adjust left, right, up, down, etc. Also, is the "Main" section of Personalities not editable, or am I just missing something?

phantomwhale
January 7th, 2011, 07:17
I would love to have the grid functionality of 4E - adjust left, right, up, down, etc. Also, is the "Main" section of Personalities not editable, or am I just missing something?

4E Grid functionality - noted ! I'll add it onto the list of coolstuff-from-4E integration work, a long but very very worthwhile looking list :)

As for the main area of Personalities, you SHOULD be able to edit them - by default there is a box saying "click to enter description", and after clicking that you should be good to go with adding text. That said I had a problem with the the other day, which I think might be what your seeing.

If you :

Create new personality
Click into the Main tab
Click where it says Click to enter description and type a single blank space
Click anywhere on the window to remove the cursor focus

Now here, you should be able to click up in the top-left and find the editing area still. Change tabs and come back, it's still there. However...

Close the personality window
Reopen the personality window
click into the Main tab

Now the editing area appears to be impossible to find ?! So I think the workaround for now is to make sure you populate that Main tab with something, or leave it alone. Regarding existing entries, you might be able to go into the db.xml file in your campaign file and edit out the erroneous "blank" entries, or if less confident, then copy and paste the values into a new one.

I've noted this bug too. Thanks for the input !
Ben

GraytDane
January 7th, 2011, 20:18
Cheers! I appreciate it.

gorgeous_b
February 25th, 2011, 02:36
I have an addition i'd like to submit.... a thing that frustrated me a bit was being unable to show the NPC's target to the players w/o drawing a pointer... if the PC's can target NPC's, as long as it is that NPC's turn, you should be able to target a player.

phantomwhale
February 25th, 2011, 05:07
I have an addition i'd like to submit.... a thing that frustrated me a bit was being unable to show the NPC's target to the players w/o drawing a pointer... if the PC's can target NPC's, as long as it is that NPC's turn, you should be able to target a player.

I've seen that in the 4E ruleset - it's really nice. Suspect this isn't a version 3.1 (or 3.2) release thing though, given there is existing buggy-ness around targeting NPCs with grouped initiative to solve first, but is certainly on my list of things to do.

gorgeous_b
February 25th, 2011, 18:55
also... maybe a left field suggestion... not sure about the scripting myself, but is there a way to put a number on a token automatically? The example I would see it in would be... if you had 3 lions, and you have 3 tokens, is there a way for FG to put the number of the NPC on the token automatically? hypothetically speaking of course.

VenomousFiligree
April 14th, 2011, 20:58
Ooh one more..

An option for NPCs and PCs to change their wild die for a specific skill or trait.

Keep finding monsters in Hellfrost that roll a d8 or d10 for a skill or have the Master Edge.

I'd like to be able to change the wild die for specific skills and traits as well. It would make TAG's cyberpunk rules easier to use.

Not seen an answer to this, but have found that this works for me:

If a skill uses a dice other than your standard wild dice, change to the wild dice that the skill uses and drag the skill to a quick slot (ensuring your wild dice is on), then change back to your normal wild dice. The quick slot should "remember" the wild dice that you used when you created it :)

VenomousFiligree
May 12th, 2011, 09:35
Make sure all your ideas and issues are posted at https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/ :)

You can vote for them too!