PDA

View Full Version : Dresden Files

ButtatakiBuddha
August 26th, 2010, 16:08
Hello, I am looking to play in a campaign following the rules of Dresden Files, but I haven't seen one posted yet. So I was wondering if anyone else would like to join me and try starting one. I can't host, so I would really like to find someone who will.

Valarian
August 27th, 2010, 08:44
There's a Dresden Files game just starting in the Friday night European FG2 RPG group but, looking at your location, that's probably not any good to you. We're also gaming with FATE in the Sunday night group. Currently, this is a Pulp Sci-Fi game based on the Spirit of the Century rules.

ButtatakiBuddha
August 28th, 2010, 03:25
thank you, I'll look into it. I think I have Fridays pretty free, so it shouldn't be a problem.

ButtatakiBuddha
August 30th, 2010, 02:11
OK, so it turns out those Times are inconvenient. Sorry. But now that I know that we can play it on FG, I think I would like to find a group of people that play at a more convenient time.

I'm free Monday through Thursday, from 4 PM EST (GMT -5) until whenever. If anyone is interested in playing in a Dresden Files Campaign, then please post here. I hope to play regularly, either once a week or every other week, so if you don't think you'll want to, let me know so we can make a reason for your character (such as "No sense of direction" your character gets lost when your not able to make it, or just stumbles into the party when you can).

I can't host, so I'm hoping someone would like to run this, please post if you can. Right now I'm just looking for members, so you don't have to do the 3 paragraphs bio, just yet, but have an idea ready. We will introduce the bios when we do the switch for the other 2 paragraphs.

umbralux
September 1st, 2010, 01:31
I could be interested in playing if you get a group together. Don't know FATE well enough to GM though.

ButtatakiBuddha
September 1st, 2010, 22:27
Cool, you are more than welcome. So are any friends you have that might be interested *wink* do you have an idea for your character yet? I'm thinking of making a wizard myself, gonna try to make shadow-mage if possible, still looking at the books myself.

ButtatakiBuddha
September 6th, 2010, 16:45
Just double checking to see if any more people are interested.

tenkar
September 6th, 2010, 23:48
Wouldn't mind joining in depending on the day / time (weekends are pretty shot for me).

In as a player, not as a GM... don't have the GM skillset for FG2 nor FATE ;)

Dershem
September 7th, 2010, 00:09
I love the series but I just don't have time to commit to another game. However I'd be very interested to hear how it goes.

ButtatakiBuddha
September 7th, 2010, 02:49
Ok, now that we have 3 players that's good. We can get started on creating our characters now if you guys want. or we can wait for more players and a GM. it's up to you guys.

tenkar
September 8th, 2010, 02:36
I'd suggest we wait to see who is going to run the game ;)

umbralux
September 8th, 2010, 23:51
Agreed. Besides, city and character creation are done as a group if we follow the book.

Also have to reiterate Tenkar's comment, whether or not I can play will depend on what time slot is chosen.

Lee
September 11th, 2010, 08:10
Greetings, fellow investigators of the supernatural.

I'm up for either playing in or running the game. I've never GM'd a Dresden game before, but I've GM'd several Exalted and Shadowrun games before, and they share some similarities (RP heavy, fantasy-modern setting, Cinematic).

PM me or just continue posting here if you guys are interested. :rv:

ButtatakiBuddha
September 13th, 2010, 00:52
I would love it if you would run it. That would be soo great. What times and dates work for you? As the other 2 have mentioned, they have to have a decent time to play.

Lee
September 13th, 2010, 01:49
I'm working on a DCRpg Ruleset, just about finished the character sheets, includes drag-able die rolls and linking to extended notes.
1632 1633 1634
As far as times go, my weekends are flexible. I can also run Wednesday and Friday nights CST. It's probably for the best if everyone who wants to play can post tentative free times for themselves and then we can find the intersection.

ButtatakiBuddha
September 13th, 2010, 02:14
Well, Weekends are a no go for me. I visit my Grandparents out in the countryside, so I would miss too many games. Mon- thurs I get out of class at 3:18, give me till 4 to get ready. and Mons and Fri I don't have class till 2:30, so as long as the session ends before then I can do it, but I don't really think you guys would want to play a game in the morning.

Also, how do you create/ modify rulesets? is it a complicated process, or can any schmuck with a basic understanding of programming (myself) do it?

Lee
September 13th, 2010, 02:24
I'm out of work around 5pm most weekdays, so if people don't mind a weekday slot weekdays would be okay for me too.

Modifying rulesets isn't all that hard, but the documentation takes a while to decipher and until you get a feel for how the database and GUI elements interact it can be very confusing. Check out the Armory forum here for some decent info, and the modguide (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/modguide/) is a good place to start as well.

Lee
September 14th, 2010, 03:38
Character sheets are done!

Everyone interested in playing please PM me or post here with your available playtimes. I'd like to do city building and character creation this week if possible. Once I have a general idea of when we can play I'll make a calendar entry. :D

umbralux
September 14th, 2010, 04:21
Times - most weekdays (not Monday) after 7:00 Eastern I can be available. Sundays are shot and Saturdays are a maybe...depends on time.

The character sheet looks great!

Dershem
September 14th, 2010, 04:24
Tue/Wed/Sun(Preference) 6:30 CST-10:30 CST

Lee
September 14th, 2010, 04:32
Okay, I've put the campaign up in the calendar under the title "Bad Blood". I've set the first meeting time for Wednesday the 15th, 6:30pm CDT, 7:30pm EDT. We'll just be doing city building and characters along with any rules questions for the first session. Hope to see you all there!

Link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=523)

Dershem
September 14th, 2010, 16:02
Just out of curiosity so I can get some basic Ideas going what power level are we going with?

ButtatakiBuddha
September 14th, 2010, 16:16
please say at least 7 refresh!

Dershem
September 14th, 2010, 16:47
My current thoughts are Some sort of shape shifting Cop. I have a few lines of thought on this.

1.. I don't want to be a cop, I want to be a mechanic, Were Tiger guy. (if you've read the Walker papers think this sort of) if not, A Mechanic working for the cops, who was in the wrong place, and due to some sort of ethnic background (probably native american) he was pushed into actually wearing a shield.

High Mechanics/Drive/Burglary/Alertness

2. A Techno nerd, Cyber Crimes division or some such, who can shapeshift into a ferret (or something similar)

3. A metamorph flesh mask shapeshifter who does a lot of vice work....

I dunno I'm just liking the idea right now.. I may be subject to change at a moments notice.

Lee
September 14th, 2010, 17:45
Hi guys, I was thinking we would play at the "chest-deep" power level. This allows people to play wizards if they like. I don't have the books at work with me, but I think it was 30 skills, 8 refresh, skill caps at +5.

ButtatakiBuddha
September 14th, 2010, 17:49
yay! I'm excited, I think I can play the character I was trying to create, that is if Lee lets me. I'm thinking a changeling, born from the shadows themselves. Still looking at things, but now I get extra points to play with, so I'm happy.

Lee
September 15th, 2010, 15:45
Quick question, are any of you using a FG version other than 2.6.5?

Dershem
September 15th, 2010, 16:46
I can use the test versions if needed. I do most of my data input in them because of the numpad ability, but have been hesitant to play in test.

Lee
September 15th, 2010, 22:47
Server is up if anyone want to hop on early and check out the character sheet. FG 2.6.5.

Alias is in the calendar post: Link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=523)

ButtatakiBuddha
September 15th, 2010, 23:12
are we going to use Skype? if so my Skype name is Buttatakibuddha

Lee
September 16th, 2010, 00:04
Sorry guys, computer rebooted to "auto-update" while I was cooking dinner. Server should be up fine now.

Lee
September 16th, 2010, 00:31
I see you connecting/disconnecting Buttataki, are you having trouble? Talysian and a friend of mine are able to get on.

umbralux
September 16th, 2010, 00:54
Don't see the alias...I'll look again after finding something to eat.

Lee
September 16th, 2010, 00:56
alias is: loud keep keen dice

ButtatakiBuddha
October 3rd, 2010, 16:31
Hey, sorry about not making it last time. Drama, and stuff. I did finish my character. His back story is:

Cid of the Lufaine trading company. A Traveling Merchant from medieval Europe. After making a bad deal with a Suspicious Creature, he received an item that trapped him in a realm of shadows. Having been angered at being tricked, he threw the item as hard hard as he could. Afterwords, he realized that the item was probably his only way of getting out, so he set about finding it. after Spending what seemed like months searching for the item in the darkness, he saw a light. It was the Item! Upon touching the item, it felt like his soul was being ripped out from his body, causing him to lose consciousness. Upon regaining his senses, he found himself surrounded by several curios individuals. (This is the team. I am thinking that maybe the party finds a counterpart to my item that allows me to return to the mortal realm.)

how does it sound so far?

glacius
October 5th, 2010, 01:08
Any room in your game guys