PDA

View Full Version : Test Release 2.7.2

Moon Wizard
August 26th, 2010, 00:43
2010-09-03 - Release 3

NOTE: I'd like to make a special request to users running non-D&D rulesets to help make sure this version works for your game, so we don't have to rollback again.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. In this case, you want to select the Dev option within the Test Mod Manager to test 2.7.2. The Test option is being saved for groups that are using 2.7.1.

As always, please make a backup of your campaign before opening with a test release.

I will update this thread as I release new iterations of the test version.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
August 26th, 2010, 00:47
Fantasy Grounds - Features

Added backward compatibility patches to support rulesets optimized for previous versions.
Improved word wrapping in stringcontrols and formattedtextcontrols.
CTRL-A can be used to select all text in a stringcontrol or formattedtextcontrol.
CTRL-X can be used to cut text selections and save them on the clipboard in formattedtextcontrols.
CTRL-J can be used to combine paragraphs in a stringcontrol or formattedtextcontrol. Selection joining in formattedtextcontrols not supported yet.

Fantasy Grounds - Bug Fixes

User names with XML special characters (i.e. quotes) would corrupt the database. Fixed.
When using Backspace to collapse 2 paragraphs in a formattedtextcontrol, the cursor was moved incorrectly. Fixed.
When using Backspace to collapse 2 paragraphs or Enter to split a paragraph in a formattedtextcontrol, formatting of the second paragraph was sometimes lost. Fixed.
genericcontrol.setIcon was not accepting the empty string to clear the icon. Fixed.
stringcontrols were not using override color when drawing cursor or underline. Fixed.
Module categories with no merge ID will be given a merge ID matching the module name.
Module categories with no label will use the merge ID as the label.
Copy To Clipboard option in console was not releasing clipboard. Fixed.

4E Ruleset - Bug Fixes

RESIST, VULN and IMMUNE effects were being ignored if targeted to a specific creature. Fixed.
When making a basic weapon roll from Combat tab, the damage roll will be 2[W] if PC is L21 or higher.
Scroller controls on character sheets moved to prevent inaccessible data fields.

JPG

Moon Wizard
August 26th, 2010, 00:54
As a heads up, I will be away for about a week travelling, so I won't be updating this test release until I return. If it doesn't work for your game, please let me know the issue, then revert to the version you were using before.

Thanks,
JPG

VenomousFiligree
August 26th, 2010, 08:47
The Laundry is imminent, and as I always cut and paste the pdf into FG as a starting point, I will be sure to use this version! :)

Zeus
August 26th, 2010, 09:55
Heads Up! There's a new version of CrossOver for Mac available.

v9.1.0 updates with a load of fixes as well as merging with Wine v1.2. :)

Full changelog can be found here (https://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/change_log/).

I have tested FGII 2.6.5 / 2.7.0 / 2.7.1 and the latest development release 2.7.2 on my Snow Leopard i5 iMac, all appear to be working correctly.

kirbol
August 28th, 2010, 05:58
Tested as much as I could think of from 2.7.2 against the Earthdawn ruleset I've been working on, everything seems to be working great.

-kirbol

Oberoten
August 28th, 2010, 12:32
Ran some Arm as well as BRP. Both seem to be working.

- Obe

Doswelk
August 29th, 2010, 13:56
Savage Worlds seems okay as well.

Moon Wizard
August 31st, 2010, 20:44
v2.7.2 Test Release 2

FG Changes

Missing font values in messagedata objects no longer generates script error messages.
Token lock state of maps was not being remembered. Fixed.

4E Changes

Campaign effects and modifiers in modules were not visible. Fixed.

The first one is the only issue from non-D&D rulesets found. Please double-check your non-D&D rulesets, and I will look at pushing to release again in the next week or two.

Cheers,
JPG

Blue Haven
September 3rd, 2010, 12:42
Just a small question...i have FG on 3 computers and in one i have made the rollback but on the other 2 i decide to kept the update 2.7.1...when the new update goes live will i have problems? i mean, do i have to make a rollback too or the update will work just fine...?
Thanks

Moon Wizard
September 3rd, 2010, 15:30
The update should work fine.
JPG

Blue Haven
September 3rd, 2010, 16:32
Oh ok :) Thank you so much!
I was affraid that some files still remain and messed up the program but ok :)

Moon Wizard
September 3rd, 2010, 23:16
v2.7.2 Test Release 3

FG Changes

Module state on clients was not being remembered. Fixed.

4E Changes

Items with empty inventory location are now sorted to bottom of list.
Script error when using arrow keys at ends of inventory text fields. Fixed.

No new non-D&D items. Pushing to Test mode in 2 days, if no new reports. Then one more week for full deployment, again if not new issues reported.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
September 7th, 2010, 18:45
Pushing v2.7.2 to Test slot to replace v2.7.1. One more week of testing until full release, unless something major arises.

v2.7.2 Test Release 4

4E Changes

Only the GM can allow characters to rest.
Improved heal output when heal applied to a target. (actual amount healed, healing surges used)

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
September 9th, 2010, 07:39
Move v2.7.2 off of Test and only on Dev now. Found an issue to do with failed file transfers causing client crashes that I want to test that the patch works well before releasing.

v2.7.2 Test Release 5

FG Changes

Special characters in image or module names would cause file transfers to fail. Fixed.
Clients would sometimes crash on failed image transfers. Fixed.
Version information added to extension tooltip in launcher.

JPG

Zeus
September 9th, 2010, 08:06
I just tried the latest 2.7.2.5 release and I couldn't see any version information under the tooltips for extensions. The first line of the tooltip displays the description, then theres an empty second line (presumably where the version info should be) and then the third line displays author information.

VenomousFiligree
September 15th, 2010, 15:11
Got a split word when changing "difficult" to italics.

BRP ruleset with a "MyQuest" extension.

Edit:
Bold is fine, Italics often throws up problems similar to that below (lots of examples if you need more).

madman
September 24th, 2010, 14:17
I was testing out the test version with some campaign data input and i found a strange thing.
i use a nostromo to create macros for a single space. The macro goes backspace then space and then home and then up arrow. When i hit the button again it repeats the action. Giving me a nice tight paragraph. with the test version i think the up arrow part won't work. in 2.6.5 it works great, and this is a great time saver. and i would hate to lose this functionality. Are the formatted text options going to change, is this in my near future.

Concerned

Chris

Moon Wizard
October 5th, 2010, 23:43
DrZ, it looks like the version info patch did not get included for some reason. I will include with next update.

MurghBpurn, Thanks for the example. The word wrapping needed a little more fine-tuning.

Madman, I'm not sure that I understand why your macro is breaking. Is the up arrow not working the same as before in formattedtextcontrols? Which version are you using? I tried the same sequence in 2.7.2, and it worked as I expected. Also, v2.7.2 has a new shortcut for formattedtextcontrols which combines the current paragraph with the next paragraph (CTRL+J), that might work better with what you are trying to do anyway.

Cheers,
JPG

madman
October 6th, 2010, 01:24
It does work in 2.7.2

Thanks for looking

Chris

Moon Wizard
October 6th, 2010, 23:15
v2.7.2 Test Release 6

FG Changes

Handling of multiple callback handlers for onHotkeyActivated not handled correctly. Fixed. (i.e. modifier echo when CT open)
Dragging a token from a map to the desktop caused the LUA Input library to be unregistered. Fixed. (i.e. Input script error)
buttoncontrol.setIcons was not checking parameters correctly. Fixed.
Links from modules using special characters in their name would break when copied to the campaign. Fixed.
Word wrapping when only single word formatted has been improved.

4E Changes

Blinded effect applies total concealment penalty to attack rolls.
When an invalid or ambiguous slash command used, a list of valid slash commands will be shown.
NPC charisma score was being used instead of the charisma modifier in certain situations. Fixed.

JPG

Moon Wizard
October 17th, 2010, 19:30
v2.7.2 Test Release 7

4E Changes

Ranged modifier for ATK and DMG effect tags was being ignored. Fixed.

JPG

GunnarGreybeard
October 19th, 2010, 21:47
Post moved.